Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chainage at roundabout

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1221 Views, 10 Replies

Chainage at roundabout

Hi all,

at roundabout, chainage at centeral alignment is connected to main roads alignments as it should be. problem is sometimes it is continuous chainage and some time it shows -ve chainages and sometimes it starts from 0+000.00. any suggestion how to fix that.

i want it should start from 0+000.00.

see attached screen shots for reference.

thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
raghavendra.k
in reply to: Anonymous

you can assign the start chainage as 0+000 in the alignment naming pop-up box.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: raghavendra.k

can you please explain in detail how to do that. thanks.

Message 4 of 11
raghavendra.k

1. making alignment from Polyline: 

a. Go to Alignment menu------Alignment from Polyline-----Select the Polyline and press enter----- a pop-up box will appear. In that you can give the name of the alignment and also you can assign any design creteria file if you have and see the attached image file for further details. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

correct. these steps may follow when you are creating from scratch.

my query was: i created one roundabout, its centeral alignment is connected with road alignment. thats a way it should be. now the chainage on roundabout are continuty of road alignment and some time it is showing -ve chainages.

i want roundabout chainages must start from 0+00.000.

see attached screen shots.

Message 6 of 11
raghavendra.k

see attached image file and change the start station in alignment propoerties

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Many thanks.

it is working.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

i have created a profile for centeral alignment (roundabout). what about the other two alignments mean entry/exit. i have to create seperate profiles for that. i was asuming it shoud linked with the main centeral alignment. any suggestion on that.

thanks.

Message 9 of 11
raghavendra.k

You need to design the ICD profile and the entry and exit alignment profiles. The entry and exit alignments should tie in at start and end of the two central alignments like North side & East Side. You need to design ICD, entry and exit profiles and when you run corridor from ICD & central alignment, you targets will br exit and entry alignment profiles.

Hope this helps.

Reddy

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for answer.

I have done ICD and created 3 legs. Each has 3 alignments which are already tied up with main ICD. I created a profile for main ICD (Outer edge) and center alignments (approaches) as what we do normally with center lines.

Now what about the entry/exit alignment's profiles? Do I need to create these profiles by myself? I wonder if C3D create these profile automatically as center alignments profiles is already designed. Is there any way to do that? I believe I explain it well.

See attached images for main roundabout and profiles for main ICD and central alignments.

Regards.
Message 11 of 11
raghavendra.k

no attachments ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report