Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

CFG File

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
arick4022
1642 Views, 1 Reply

CFG File

I have .LSP .PGP .LSP .CTB files  that I used to use in older versions of AutoCAD. Is there any way that I can make them compatible with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: arick4022

Depending on what the lisp files do, they should just work. If they reference older vertical applications (LDT, C3D, etc.) then they either won't work without minor editing, or not work at all due to obsolesence. Just load them as usual.... However, you may find you don't need many, if not all, of those old routines.....I have a library of 100's of lisp routines I've written over the years, and can safely say I use less than 5 of those on a regular basis now.

The CTB file should be fine. I'm still using the same one I created back in LDT3. Depending how old a version you are moving from, you may want to look into STB's and plot with plot styles instead of color. There are a number of places to learn about these.

The PGP file should also work without issue. Unless, of course, you have items in there referencing no longer used commands. To use it, either place it in a folder and add that folder to the top of the Search paths in Settings. Or, replace the existing one. An easy way to locate this is to use (findfile "acad.pgp") at autocad's command prompt.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā