Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catchment Area Enhancements

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
el_nath
763 Views, 4 Replies

Catchment Area Enhancements

I wish to have the ability to define runoff coefficient regions of a surface (using parcels, closed polylines, aecpolygons, mpolygons, etc...) such that when a catchment area is created, the weighted runoff coefficient is calculated. For a corridor surface, the runoff coefficient can be specified by the link code used to define the surface (defined in the code set style).

These surface coefficients should continue through pasting operations, i.e. a final design surface should have the runoff coefficents from the various corridor and grading surfaces used to define it.

Currently, I have to manually calculate the weighted runoff coefficient by first determining grass, aphalt, roof, areas per each catchment area.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cpennetti
in reply to: el_nath

I think that would be a huge help as well. Some sort of cover condition could go a long way I'm Civil 3D to adding intelligence to the model, including assigning cover parameters to surfaces... that would really start to make it more of a "BIM" system
Message 3 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: cpennetti

Yes, along with %impervious, SCS curve numbers, N-imperv/Perv and D-Store Imperv/Perv.

Multipurpose these defined surface areas: There should be an additional database field for surface material thickness that can be used to define the subgrade datum for earthwork calculations.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

All of you should post this to the Wishes discussion group!  Also, on the AUGI wish list.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 5
el_nath

You know I thought I did post this on the wish list. My bad (and working far too late!)

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report