AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 11 of 12 (274 Views)

Re: cant set data shortcuts or working folders

09-07-2012 11:11 AM in reply to: steve-dude

Actually this does sound familiar. When I used to have my pc set to use L: as a mapped network drive (setup the mapping through Windows Explorer), I would often have to open Windows Explorer and 'open' that drive before C3D would recognize it as available. I don't recall having this issue since I changed how I map the drive....which is via a .BAT file with this line in it:

net Use L: "\\Imaging\D\Land Projects 3" /YES

The YES telling it that it is to be persistent. I only need to run this when the drive letter has been reassigned (on my laptop I also have a .BAT to change the L: to be a local drive for working at home).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
kimdegroot
Message 12 of 12 (93 Views)

Re: cant set data shortcuts or working folders

02-10-2014 07:33 PM in reply to: steve-dude

Well steve-dude, your wish has been fulfilled - I was having this same problem and your post helped me to solve it.  Thanks!!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.