Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Freeze Pipe Layers Through XREF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmcmannis
576 Views, 3 Replies

Cant Freeze Pipe Layers Through XREF

OK, so here's the problem. We have our pipe networks living in a master file that is XREF'd to our sheet files. Now, the pipe and structure objects are all the layer C-PNET. The style for the pipes is comprised of the layers C-STRM-PIPE (for pipe walls) and C-STRM-PIPE-PATT (for the center line that is the width of the pipe). When I go into the XREF I cannot freeze OR change the color of the layers comprising the pipe style even though they are all set to ByLayer in the style dialog. The only way to freeze the network is to freeze the layer the pipe network is on C-PNET. However, this presents other problems with our file setup and we dont want to universally freeze C-PNET.

Does anyone know why we cant freeze the portions of the pipe network that are defined in the style as being on C-STRM-PIPE, and C-STRM-PIPE-PATT? If so, how do we remedy this? Thanks everyone!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: tmcmannis

Clarification please:

are you trying to freeze by clicking on the object, or in the layers dialoge?

what exactly prevents you from freezing the layer?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
tmcmannis
in reply to: troma

I oroginally tried freezing it through the viewport using the freeze command in the sheet that contains the XREF to the source file. This did not work. So, while I was still in the sheet file I jumped over to the MODEL tab and froze it in model space- this appeared to work until I went back out to the layout tab, and the pipe objects were still on. I tried again with layer manager to freeze globally, and by viewport the layers making up the pipe network and still no luck. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
tmcmannis
in reply to: tmcmannis

Alright- figured it out. HAd to run a PURGE to get rid of reg apps, zero lengths, and empties. Then I ran Audit. THEN I had to tried again, no luck. So THEN, I tried closing and re-opening layer manager, and TADA! it worked. Must just be a glitchy file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report