Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant extract parcel names in data extraction

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bcsurvey
306 Views, 4 Replies

Cant extract parcel names in data extraction

I've become somewhat familiar with data extractions in the last few weeks.  However, I can't find a way to extract parcel names (i.e. what I name them in the properties window and what I see under the Name field in Parcel Properties).  I've chosen every attribute I can think to include, but they all result in "Parcel" instead of the specific parcel ID.  What am I missing?

Thank you

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: bcsurvey

Unfortuately there isn't that much you can do with parcels.

Short of labeling, dividing etc...

I have UDP's that even after they are made available, I can not import or export them, as you can with other things. Really disappointed that you can do things like the with map functions put can't in C3D.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
bcsurvey
in reply to: rl_jackson

Wow, that's piss poor.  Parcels are at the heart of subdivision work, and extracting something as simple as the object name from something as basic as a parcel shouldn't be difficult, much less IMPOSSIBLE.  I began tinkering with adding the parcels to a site, which I hadn't done yet, to see if I could get the information from the site info.  But I haven't gotten very far with it.  I assume that you've tried going that route as well?

Thanks

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 5
rl_jackson

Sure did, I got this great idea to but things like owner, address, deed ref, and parcel number in as a UDP so that use them in my parcel labels. It works well but then I hunted all around for a way to get the data out. Tried XML everything, I could think of with know luck. BTW Piss Poor is butting it mildly, down right neglect, for parcels.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
KirkNoonan

You can copy all of that data directly from the prospector tab of the toolspace window and paste it into Word, Excel, etc. Depending on what you're trying to do, you can export the parcels to an SDF file, FDO connect to the SDF file and join that data table with your spreadsheet to get the information back into the drawing.

- Sorry, missed the part about the UDP's. If you generate that data in a CSV file, then it could be linked into the SDF data table.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report