Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select or delete viewport. Problem solved?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
deltacoolguy
1596 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot select or delete viewport. Problem solved?

Cannot select or delete viewport.  Problem solved?

I had a case with rogue vport.  It was on top of another identical in place and size.  Three in the layout, actually, two visible and workable, one not.  I turned all layers on, thawed all layers, checked layout freeze/thaw statuses, and so on.  Nothing.  I did a search and found many people with similar issues.  Read about clipping and re-clipping, QSELECT, etc., and none of that worked for me.

Started playing with some buttons on the bottom tray.  Selected "Maximize Viewport" (you must be in the vport to do this), re-clicked the same button to minimize, and the boundary popped up and stayed there.  (It was on the same layer as the other vports, btw.)  I was then able to select the vport and delete it.

I won't claim this will work for everybody, but am posting this as something to try should somebody do a search sometime in the future.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Palynch30
in reply to: deltacoolguy

We were having the exact same problem in my office laast week.... I will pass on.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report