Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot change wall thickess for rect junction structure NF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Hidden_Brain
699 Views, 3 Replies

cannot change wall thickess for rect junction structure NF

the OOTB rectangular junction structure NF has a constant wall thickness of 6". when I try to change the parameter configuration to list instead of constant, the formulas using the wall thickness do not calculate anymore, and I get an error saying "One or more calculated values failed". does anyone have any suggestions how to make this work? please see attached images in order.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Bump!!
Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza

Did you ever get that figure out?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 4
~Opie

Unfortunately, you will need to edit the associated XML file to allow this type of change.  You can open this XML file with notepad.  I use Notepad++ as it allows for syntax coloring.

Anyway, once it is open in a text editor, scroll down to approximately line 50 to find the line listing "Wall Thickness".  At the beginning of this line, you need to change tag from ColumnConst to ColumnConstList.  You will also need to change the ColumnConst tag at the end of the line to ColumnConstList.  After the tags are modified, you will need to modify the specific sizes.

Currently 4.0000 is the only wall thickness available.  Delete this text.  Now add these lines (or change them up as desired):

<Item id="i0">4.0000</Item>
		<Item id="i1">6.0000</Item>
		<Item id="i2">8.0000</Item>

Each item will need a new id value.  It appears it should be i0 with the 0 increasing for each item.

Once you are done, save the file.  You should then be able to open and edit this part in PartBuilder to verify validation.

Edit: You can change other constant items to lists with this method, such as adding various floor thicknesses to a structure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report