AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
Hidden_Brain
Message 1 of 4 (174 Views)

cannot change wall thickess for rect junction structure NF

174 Views, 3 Replies
01-24-2014 08:29 AM

the OOTB rectangular junction structure NF has a constant wall thickness of 6". when I try to change the parameter configuration to list instead of constant, the formulas using the wall thickness do not calculate anymore, and I get an error saying "One or more calculated values failed". does anyone have any suggestions how to make this work? please see attached images in order.

Avishek Chhibber, P.E., CFM
Civil 3D 2013 SP2, Win 7-64 bit
8GB RAM
Valued Mentor
Hidden_Brain
Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)

Re: cannot change wall thickess for rect junction structure NF

01-29-2014 03:27 PM in reply to: Hidden_Brain
Bump!!
Avishek Chhibber, P.E., CFM
Civil 3D 2013 SP2, Win 7-64 bit
8GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)

06-15-2014 06:07 PM in reply to: Hidden_Brain
Did you ever get that figure out?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Valued Contributor
~Opie
Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

06-16-2014 02:50 PM in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Unfortunately, you will need to edit the associated XML file to allow this type of change.  You can open this XML file with notepad.  I use Notepad++ as it allows for syntax coloring.

Anyway, once it is open in a text editor, scroll down to approximately line 50 to find the line listing "Wall Thickness".  At the beginning of this line, you need to change tag from ColumnConst to ColumnConstList.  You will also need to change the ColumnConst tag at the end of the line to ColumnConstList.  After the tags are modified, you will need to modify the specific sizes.

Currently 4.0000 is the only wall thickness available.  Delete this text.  Now add these lines (or change them up as desired):

<Item id="i0">4.0000</Item>
		<Item id="i1">6.0000</Item>
		<Item id="i2">8.0000</Item>

Each item will need a new id value.  It appears it should be i0 with the 0 increasing for each item.

Once you are done, save the file.  You should then be able to open and edit this part in PartBuilder to verify validation.

Edit: You can change other constant items to lists with this method, such as adding various floor thicknesses to a structure.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.