Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot build new water pipes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nick.jonesss
486 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot build new water pipes

When I am trying to build water pipes, they are not showing up. When i go to Network Layout tools, I click to build a new pipe and it says "specify first pipe point", but when I click to build the pipe, the command is canceled.  Every other network is working (I have storm drains and electric ductbanks built). All my layers are on. I have already tried reloading the pipe network catalog. The water network is working in other drawings. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: nick.jonesss

Try restarting Civil 3D and use the recover command to open the file again. Does this fix the issue?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
nick.jonesss
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks for the input John. I just tried restarting and recovering but it did not change anything.

Message 4 of 5
nick.jonesss

I figured out what the issue was. Originally the drawing was created in 3D2011 and then was saved over into 2014. The Network Catalog for 2011 was different in that the water pipes used to be in the pipe networks and now is in the pressure pipe network. I will not be able to build water pipes in this drawing unless I change the Network Catalog path to the 2014 Catalog (which I will not do because then all my other 2014 drawings will path the old Catalog). In this case I will just build storm pipes and change the style.

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

Good for you Nick. After insuring the C3D session is not failing the PC memory (restarting) and that you have no file issues (recover) the next step is to make sure you are connecting to the correct catalog.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report