AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
DaveDrahn
Message 1 of 3 (432 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can you reverse the section view?

432 Views, 2 Replies
08-31-2011 11:09 AM

C3D11.  I'd like to be able to show my section views cut looking down sation rather than up.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

No.

But you can reverse the labels on your alignment. Draw the alignment the way you want it to go (i.e. reverse your current alignment). Now that it's going the wrong direction (but correctly for your sections) add a station equation at the beginning of the alignment that will be decreasing in value. Now your backwards alignment will be stationed appropriately and your sections will also be as if you were looking down station.

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 3 (413 Views)

Re: Can you reverse the section view?

08-31-2011 08:46 PM in reply to: DaveDrahn

No.

But you can reverse the labels on your alignment. Draw the alignment the way you want it to go (i.e. reverse your current alignment). Now that it's going the wrong direction (but correctly for your sections) add a station equation at the beginning of the alignment that will be decreasing in value. Now your backwards alignment will be stationed appropriately and your sections will also be as if you were looking down station.

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Distinguished Contributor
DaveDrahn
Message 3 of 3 (386 Views)

Re: Can you reverse the section view?

09-02-2011 10:46 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Whoa!  Nice.  I haven't tried it yet but that sounds like exactly what I need.

Thanks.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.