Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make a Corridor Intersection object with a custom subassembly?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
907Trekker
365 Views, 6 Replies

Can you make a Corridor Intersection object with a custom subassembly?

I can't seem to find any help on this and I'm not having any luck on my own.  Can I use subassemblies that I create in subassembly composer to make an intersection using the "CreateIntersection" command? 

Thanks,
Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: 907Trekker

You can use any subassembly in the intersection (UK Junction) command.

You do however need to create the subassemblys and re-target each baseline in the intersection tool.

I found it easier (I don't really use the tool) to create an intersection then delete it. Then revise the subassemblies it created to suit and rerun it using those subs. You can change the defults but I cant remember if it gets the subassemblies from a drawing or creates from xml file. If you search in here that has been answered I believe.

This is one of the reasons I don't really use the tool, I find that it's easier to just generate the corridor from scratch as they may all be different and I have to revised the generated profiles etc anyway.

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 7
fcernst

Yes, you sure can.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 7
fcernst
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

"You can use any subassembly in the intersection (UK Junction) command.

You do however need to create the subassemblys and re-target each baseline in the intersection tool. I found it easier (I don't really use the tool) to create an intersection then delete it. Then revise the subassemblies it created to suit and rerun it using those subs. You can change the defults but I cant remember if it gets the subassemblies from a drawing or creates from xml file. If you search in here that has been answered I believe. This is one of the reasons I don't really use the tool, I find that it's easier to just generate the corridor from scratch as they may all be different and I have to revised the generated profiles etc anyway."

Everything after the first sentence makes no sense. Are you using the same software as I am?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 7
907Trekker
in reply to: fcernst

I took it as "you can but you have to manually set all of the targets" which is what I was trying to ask but didn't do a good job.  And possibly the command is called "Junction" in the UK?

Thanks for the responses,

Mark

Message 6 of 7
fcernst

I took it as "you can but you have to manually set all of the targets" which is what I was trying to ask but didn't do a good job.

Ok...Having to manually set Targets or Baselines is not true, however.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 7 of 7
Yonas89
in reply to: fcernst

Can you share the solution? How to do it without targeting it manually?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report