Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't snap to point symbols

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
_Hathaway
17163 Views, 30 Replies

Can't snap to point symbols

For some reason we cannot snap to the node on several of our point symbols.  I cannot see anything different when compared to the other point symbols that we can snap too.  Basically if i try to draw a line of obtain a distance using the NOD osnap on these point symbols i get nothing, its like they dont have a NOD to snap too.

Any ideas? This is quite annoying.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
KirkNoonan
in reply to: troma

I've come across this before. What we ended up doing is putting the block in the label style and using the "Autocad point for marker' for the point marker. I think that you can also put a base point in your marker block and then it will snap to that.

Message 22 of 31
mdj793
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Base point in marker block for me had no effect... pretty much nothing I did to edit my marker block was fruitful.
Message 23 of 31
mdj793
in reply to: mdj793

Darn. But you loose the marker in "dragged state". Have to fill it in manually as a block I guess.

Message 24 of 31
rl_jackson

Have you tried recreating the block entirely, when I did what I suggested in my previous post it worked for me and I have had no issue since. I have moved to 2013 since then as well, and have had no issue.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 25 of 31
mdj793
in reply to: rl_jackson

"nothing I did to edit my marker block was fruitful." Yes, I also tried creating a new one. No dice.

Message 26 of 31
KirkNoonan

I haven't dealt with it in a while, but I remember that it also had something to do wtih layers sometimes. Try thawing and turning on everything. (I know that isn't a workaround, but it might help find one)

Message 27 of 31
mdj793
in reply to: KirkNoonan

I finally was able to define blocks that worked.. maybe it was a UCS thing when defining the block? Don't really care anymore.

Message 28 of 31
rl_jackson

Been there done that. Sometimes it would take several tries, but once the issue is gone it never really comes back, I've had no issue for quite some time now. I wonder if some of my issue didn't come from using a mask circle in my point block (for found monuments) but I could never narrow it down to a single root cause.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 29 of 31
mfretwell
in reply to: rl_jackson

Create a new Group

Copy all the features you want to snap too to the new Group

Capture.JPG

Get all snap happy

Delete new Group

Bob's my uncle!

Message 30 of 31
kaelm6AC3T
in reply to: _Hathaway

I had this issue and found a possible work around, although not entirely convenient. 

I remade the block that didn't respond to OSNAP using one of the blocks whose OSNAP functionality was working properly. I opened up the working block dwg file, did a 'save as' and then modified the existing linework and reset the 'insbase' point. Then redefined the old definition in the drawing. It seemed to remedy the problem. 

Hope that helps

Message 31 of 31
s.wardHRUYE
in reply to: _Hathaway

At the risk of replying to a super old post - I ran into this issue today while defining new point styles.  After some experimentation I came to find that if you explode everything within the custom block used as the point marker, the node snap recovers its functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report