Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem tor create a data shortcut for an alignment in Civil 3D 2010

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
704 Views, 6 Replies

Can't seem tor create a data shortcut for an alignment in Civil 3D 2010

For some reason I can't seem tor create a data shortcut for an alignment in Civil 3D 2010. It says something about it being in use by another application. Seems strangs when I just created the alignment and have not used it for anything yet. Please see attached.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using a 64 bit operating system and a Novell Network?

Matt
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for your promp reply. I try to tell my fellow coworkers not to let one dwg file represent if the software is working correct or not. I should follow my own advice.
The file I was working in was a file that was brought from Civil 3D 2008 into 2010 because we upgraded in Windows XP 64-bit over the past couple of weeks. Chances are the file I was working with in trying to to data shortcuts for alignments was corrupted. I went ahead and tried that data shortcuts for alignments with a totally brand new file and alignment. It worked fine. Perhaps rather than doing a save as in a higher version, we probably need to wblock and xml out of the 1st older version drawing into the 2nd newer version drawing to avoid other issues as well.
Thangs again for your help.
Dave Lissau
CAD Technician III
Boulder County
Transportation Department
P.O. Box 471
2525 13th Street, Suite 203
Boulder, CO 80304
(720)564-2657 / Fax:(303)441-4594
dlissau@bouldercounty.org
Message 4 of 7
klugb

Not to hijack the thread, but how is XP 64 bit going? I am testing it right now for our department but have 42 different pieces of software to test.

Bruce
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The xp 64-bit is going well for Civil 3D. We were just staring at the hour glass in between clicks while working on road corridors and cross sections. I would investigate all 42 different softwares prior to getting the xp 64-bit OS. Contact each of the vendors to see if they support 64-bit. Our ArcGIS guy had to have the xp 64-bit removed and have xp 32-bit reinstalled because he had to many database issues that would not work. The days are coming where CAD users will need two PC's, one for AutoCAD, the other for everything else. -----djl-----
Message 6 of 7
klugb

Thanks for the info. Testing the latest Arcmap & Arcinfo are on the list.
Bruce
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Matt,

I think I spoke to soon. Per my last reply, I was able to do create a data shortcut for an alignment that at the time different have any profiles. Since my last reply, I added profiles to the master alignment and try to get the data shorcut of the same alignment to adapt the profiles and I once again got the "in use by another application" message. Is this a XP 64-bit issue or what is it that I'm missing in the process? We upgraded from XP 32-bit a couple of weeks ago and do our projects on the network.

Dave Lissau
Boulder County Transportation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report