Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see lines as I draw them or see objects as I move them

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bobgonzo
16423 Views, 6 Replies

Can't see lines as I draw them or see objects as I move them

I just installed 2015 and most everything works fine except when I draw a line I can't see it until after I draw it.  If I draw a polyline I can only see the previous segments I have drawn.  If I move something I can't see something until I place it.  I have an AMD Radeon HD 7970M graphics gard.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: bobgonzo

Sounds like it could possibly be this dynamic input issue?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/Preview-Issues-when-Drawing-Lines/m-p/5202137
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
bobgonzo
in reply to: Jay_B

Gave it a shot but no dice. I'll be sure to also report to Autodesk though. Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 7
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

There's a system variable called highlight. Type HIGHLIGHT at the command line and be sure it's set to 1.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

Check DRAGMODE and make sure it's on.

Didn't think dragmode affected drawing lines but if I turn off dragmode in 2015 SP1 I can't see the line until completing the command either.

When set to Auto or On it works as expected.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
bobgonzo
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Es no bueno Lisa but my boy just after you found the trick.  It was DRAGMODE.  I'll never go drag mode but it works for my computer.  Who am I to judge.

Message 7 of 7
bobgonzo
in reply to: Jay_B

Winner winner chicken chicken dinner.  Jay, you are the man.  Thank you so much.  I feel like I got a part of my soul back.  That was so awful.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report