Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't review profile grade info for section views group

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tonnot
387 Views, 4 Replies

Can't review profile grade info for section views group

Is it a bug ?

I can add data, and I see it onto my section views but I cant view it again in the dialog. 

In example, I add a profile at 11 m. using markers and i see it. If I come back to the diaog to add or delete data realted I see nothing....

Any idea ? 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: tonnot

If your referring to the following Dialog being empty when accessed through Sample Line Group Properties or Section View Group Properties, this is normal behavior AFAIK.

PFL grade blank.PNG

Profile Grade information for a given section view can be viewed on the "Profile Grade Lines" Tab of the Section View Properties dialog.

Select a section view>Ribbon>Section Properties.

pfl grade svp.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
tonnot
in reply to: Jay_B

So... to change the whole properties of a multiple section views  have I to  ?  

An then.... is this a bug...?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: tonnot

If something in the design changes where PGL's need to be reapplied to the section views it's very easy to delete them reapply them to the section views all at once.

I'm not sure if it should be considered a bug, it's been this way since C3d 2011 AFAIK.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5

It's just not intuitive, typical autodesk!  Yes you cant see what has been added, but you know whats been added, so....

When in view group properties > profile grade.  Select the alignment you want to remove - instead of hitting ADD, hit the RED CROSS.  Then OK accept and they all remove.  You don't have to do one by one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report