Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t reference surface using data shortcut

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mark_cv3d
2336 Views, 5 Replies

Can´t reference surface using data shortcut

Hello. I have a problem I think is very strange.

I´ve set up a project with shortcuts folder and made a surface from a corridor. Then I created a reference of this surface into another drawing. But the problem is that the surface doesnt show up more than in toolspace. It doesnt contain anything and when right-clicking on it in toolspace and selecting syncronize it says in command field "Could not open referenced surface for surface Vattendrag". 

Someone that has a solotion for this? I tried audit but i doesnt help. ( i also have EG-surface as a data shortcut in the same drawings and that surface is working flawlessly)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mark_cv3d

I would try to use the recover command to open the file that contains the Vattendrag surface.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
mark_cv3d
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks for reply.

That didn´t help:(

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

IF, big if, u created a srf. Deleted it and created a new one with the same name the shorcut is no longer valid. If you renamed the file or moved the file the shortcut may not be valid.

You can either delete & recreate the shortcut which may mess up some dwg's

Or

Try opening the datashorcut editor (It has it's own icon in the Windows Start Menu/Button. Browse to your project and locate your surface. Confirm the file name and paths. THen change the Name/Handle field to Name Only. Save & open a file with the ref. If prompted to recreate the shortcut do so.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
mark_cv3d
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I´ve tried deleting the surface from my list of shortcuts and adding it again. That worked, thanks for helping!

Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE

NP

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report