Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open some drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmartt
154 Views, 1 Reply

Can't open some drawings

Civil 3D 2015, SP2, Windows 7 Pro

Today I can't open some of my drawings. I've tried launching from the C3D start screen, double-clicking the draing file and dragging and dropping. All methods produce the same result: The drawings get to "Initilizing....", shown in command line, and hang.

Haven't done exhaustive tests yet but the drawings I cannot open have Xrefs from both my server and C Drive and have an Xref from LDD.

However, these drawings opened fine the last several days with these Xrefs set up as they are now. My Windows 7 Pro had a bunch of updates last night, so I wonder if that may be the culprit?

I tried disabling Norton Auto-Protect, which I think has done the trick with similar problems in the past, but nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else after the latest Windows updates? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jmartt
in reply to: jmartt

Apparently, even though Task Manager reported Civil 3D "Not Responding", it was, in fact, initializing. The drawings just take many times longer to open now, for some reason. Maybe the Windows updates cleared caches of some sort?

Anyway, if anyone else has this problem this morning, maybe just go make coffee. Worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report