Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit contents in Style Composer

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AllenJessup
296 Views, 6 Replies

Can't edit contents in Style Composer

Every time I try to edit the Contents of a label on the Layout Tab of the Style Composer I get the errors below. I've tried a restart, a reboot, a repair and a reinstall with no change. This happens even in a new blank drawing.

Each of these messages appears and has to be closed about 5 times.

FEe.png

FE.png

Any thoughts?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: AllenJessup

Possible .Net issue. Uninstall all versions of .net and re-install .Net 4.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the quick response. I just talked to out IT dept and they didn't sound too thrilled with the idea. So I guess I'm not going to get to test it right now. The only .NET installed is 4 and I have updates through last Friday.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Have you logged in as a different user and tried it?  If you log on as a different user and it works, then the secondary installer should be initiated.  It means that your Windows profile is corrupt.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 7

That seems to be it. I created a temporary account on my computer and from that I can edit the Contents of the Label Style. I can't create a new network account so I have to wait and see what IT can do for me.

Thank You.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

If your settings will allow you, you can browse to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Autodesk and delete the C3D 2012 folder, then delete the folder under C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk.  Make sure Civil 3D is closed before doing this.   Restart the program, and you should be good to go from there.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 7

That didn't do it. Still can't edit the Contents. Allen ----------------------------------------------------------------- This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report