Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Edit COGO Points

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dankoss
3021 Views, 8 Replies

Can't Edit COGO Points

Hi guys, Civil3D 2013 user here,

I was working on my topo today for a few hours when all of a sudden I can no longer snap to a node of the COGO points. By node  I mean the tiny box that appears when you click on a COGO point that lets you rotate the point, move it, move the leader vertex, etc. I can still snap to the nodes of any other object in the drawing, just not the COGO points.

Also, I can no longer select any existing objects on a few layers. These objects were extracted from a surface and manipulated and are now just polylines. I can draw new objects on those layers and select them just fine but the current ones I can't select at all.

I just went to open the drawing on someone else's computer and I'm having the same problem. In fact, the objects on the layers I extracted from the surface don't even show up on the other computer.

I installed the new SP before I left last night, so I assume that might be a problem, but like I said it was working fine for the first five hours of the day and the other computer I used had not yet installed the SP. What the heck is going on?

EDIT: I should add that I'm only having problems with this one drawing. All my old drawings still work like they should.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dankoss
in reply to: dankoss

After playing around during lunch I have a few other details.

If I use the move command and type in ALL the objects that I cannot select still move along with the rest of the drawing.

If I copy and a paste a COGO point (Ctrl V/Ctrl C) to a new drawing I can select the COGO point atttribute nodes. When I W block out the COGO point into a new drawing I still cannot select the nodes.

Message 3 of 9
troma

Have you tried Audit or Recover?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 9
dankoss
in reply to: troma

I just tried those and no effect. My workaround right now is doing a SELECT, ALL (only way I can select the objects on the funky layer) and then doing a Ctrl C/Ctrl V into another drawing. The new drawing works fine but the old one is still broken. The old one did work briefly after I did the steps above, but then the program crashed, as it likes to do, when I tried to exit or maybe I was saving or maybe just trying to print, and then the old drawing had the same problems again.

Message 5 of 9
troma

I dunno.  You should also check if any layers are locked, or if the points are locked, but to be honest it sounds like something more serioius.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

Can you post, or otherwise share, the problem drawing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 9
dankoss
in reply to: Jeff_M

Here's the drawing. The two funky layers are the contours. C-CONT-MJR and C-CONT-MIN.

Judging by how these things usually work I fully expect you to come back and say "Well it worked on my computer."

Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

OK, don't ask me why because I don't have any idea, but....

Open the drawing, in layer manager save a layer state, thaw all layers, regen. The objects will now be selectable/editable. Restore the layerstate, the objects are still editable. Save and close the drawing. Reopen the drawing, once again cannot select/edit those objects. Thaw all layers, regen. You can now select/edit, save, close, open...you will still be able to select/edit the objects. 

This tells me there is something odd with one of the layers which is being frozen. I don't have time to investigate what that may be, or which one(s) are causing it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 9
dankoss
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the help. At the least that's a much quicker and eaiser work around than what I did.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report