Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't draw pressure pipes

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
mermerCAD
2571 Views, 14 Replies

Can't draw pressure pipes

When one of my CAD Drafters tries to draw pressure pipes, she selects the first point and then when she selects the second point the first point seems to go down to the origin.  She has the Pressure Network Catalog set to the correct location.  She is using the correct parts list.  When I open the drawing on my computer, I can draw the pipes and bends just fine.  Is there a setting somewhere that would explain this and fix the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Meredith

C3D 2014 sp1

Windows 7 64 bit

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: mermerCAD

Hi Meredith,

It could be a user specific issue, you may want to have the user reset his/her user settings following the steps in the link below;

Resolving user specific issues by resetting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 15
tcorey

Did Matt's suggestion help? Your friends here would like to know. Please accept Matt's post as a solution or tell us that it didn't help.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 15
mermerCAD
in reply to: tcorey

Sorry, guys.  I was out sick yesterday and am working double time to try to catch up so I haven't had a chance to try Matt's solution.  The computer in question is no longer having the problem.  We accidentally found a weird solution.  We have a training portal that we use for C3D here.  The user having the problem opened one of the training portal files while she also had the problem file open.  Suddenly the problem file started to work.  I think it is a user specific issue, I just wish I knew exactly what setting it is that needs to be reset. 

We have another computer doing the same thing so I'll try Matt's suggestion on that, but it won't be for a day or so.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much!

Meredith

Message 5 of 15
bigz

ucsfollow 0

Message 6 of 15
gdemint3d

Hello,

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? i have the same problem.

Message 7 of 15
bigzbaits
in reply to: gdemint3d

ucsfollow 0

Message 8 of 15
gdemint3d
in reply to: bigzbaits

Did NOT work
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released
in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact
this office by phone or in writing.

CUSA18A7
Message 9 of 15
gdemint3d

Did that solution work?

Message 10 of 15
JasperBoekling

Hello there,

I work in C3D 2017 and we had the same problem at my company. Our solution was slightly different than the one mentioned in the solution.

1. Go to start and type REGEDIT

2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\<last verion>\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<C3D user>\Preferences\AeccPressurePipes110

3. Change the destination of the location of the default location of the pressure pipe catalog (the .sqlite file) to the destination the .sqlite you want to use

Restart Civil 3D and your Pressure Pipe Networks should be able to work.

Message 11 of 15
spavlovitsky

I had the same behavior in C3D 2017 when I installed C3D Object Enabler 2018 to test workflows between Navisworks 2018 and Civil 3D 2017.

When I deleted C3D object enabler 2018, my pressure pipes started to work perfectly.

Maybe it would help somebody.

Message 12 of 15
spavlovitsky

I've got the same behavior again.

My problem was solved by loading Civil 3D with <<C3D_Metric>> profile.

You should use shortcut from your desktop named "Civil 3D Metric" or smth like that.

Message 13 of 15

@spavlovitsky wrote:

I've got the same behavior again.

My problem was solved by loading Civil 3D with <<C3D_Metric>> profile.

You should use shortcut from your desktop named "Civil 3D Metric" or smth like that.

Is the reference in your registry correct? It is possible that in your new user the reference in the registry isnt correct 🙂

Message 14 of 15
bquinney

I know this is an old thread but...

What I have found is that the catalogs do not like the " symbol. Instead, spell out "inch" or "in" (both without quotes). 

Message 15 of 15
cosmun

Old thread, but I figure it could be beneficial to add my findings as this is the only thread related to this issue that appears with a quick search.

I was able to resolve this with a fresh install of C3D. There appears to be something wrong with the default profiles associated with the 2022 version. This did not occur with the final release of 2022, but rather only occurs with the archived 2022 release when installed from autodesk. I have reached out separately to autodesk to see if they can confirm the issue. At the time of this post, the 2023 version does not have the default profile issue, and as far as we can tell, the early 2024 version does not have the issue.

Hopefully this helps anyone from having a headache.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report