Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't delete hatch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
lina
6510 Views, 8 Replies

can't delete hatch

I'm trying to delete a hatch and its deleting lines with it. Hatch was created by picking the point within the lines. In map query options "create associative hatch objects" is not selected. Is there some kind of setting? how can i delete the hatch?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: lina

HATCHEDIT

Make sure the Associative option isn't checked. It sounds like its an associative hatch.
Message 3 of 9
lina

Yes I found out it was but is were a way to disassociate it?
Message 4 of 9
KansasCAD

Might have to explode it, and then erase all the hatch and leave the boundary.

Daryl
Message 5 of 9
lina

Thanks
Message 6 of 9
sdmcdonald

Haven't had this yet, but others in my group have- they fix it by closing/reopening AutoCAD. Sometimes happens with text as well.
Message 7 of 9
AGS-DSK

Try to Explode first, then delete it.

Message 8 of 9
smpuk

It may just be a selection issue. Go to "options" and 'selection' tab. Make sure 'Associative Hatch' is un-checked. You can then continue to create associative hatches in you drawings but when selected the boundary objects will be ignored.

Message 9 of 9
Jerry_Barnes
in reply to: smpuk

To disassociate an existing associative hatch from it's boundary, select the hatch and open the PROPERTIES manager. At the top it will say "All (2)". (See attachment.) From this drop down window select "Hatch (1)".

Now, under the second major element grouping below, "Pattern", find the Associative element and change the "Yes" to "No". This will disassociate the hatch from the boundary, and can now be erased without deleting the boundary, if desired. This technique can be used to disassociate multiple hatches from their boundaries in one action.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report