Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dslocum
5252 Views, 4 Replies

Can't create profile

I'm new to Civil3D and I'm having trouble creating a road profile. I have an existing ground surface with contours displayed. I have a road centerline with stations displayed...and everything was created in the same .dwg file and has been verified. When I go through the create profile from surface wizard, I can get a profile view but there is no profile grade line in the view. When I look at the Data Bands section of the Create Profile View wizard, it says "no profile found" under the Profile 1 and Profile 2 columns. Also, when I look at the Profile View Properties, the Profiles tab is blank. For some reason, it isn't creating the profile. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
owenmull
in reply to: dslocum

This should help you out a little bit.

http://www.screencast.com/t/HYLBsOAXF

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Thanks. I followed the steps shown in the video exactly, but when I get to the Profile View Height Portion of the wizard and automatic is selected, it shows zero for min and zero for max, which tells me it's not picking up the alignment and surface. Also, when I look at the Profile Display Options portion of wizard, it is blank which further confirms that it is not working properly. Although my alignment and my surface is shown in the wizard, it isn't creating a profile grade line. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 5
dslocum

I fixed the problem. I had some surface issues and was able to create the profile successfully after closing the drawing and re-opening.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
twillis004

I have a slightly diff question. in my old school days I was abel to create a proposed profile by entering PVI stations, grades, length, etc. and it would draw the profile as I went. is this not possible with Civil 3D?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report