Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create cogo points

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
hunt4one
3535 Views, 12 Replies

Can't create cogo points

I am working in a .dwg that i have previously created cogo point in, but now when i try to created cogo points manually, it goes through the prompts, but will not create the point. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix it? P.S I am using Civil 3d 2011

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: hunt4one

The Next Point Number is probably set to a used point#

6-11-2012 12-33-11 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 13
hunt4one
in reply to: Jeff_M

I copy clipped the drawing and pasted it in a new drawing and everything worked just fine. Thanks for the help though.

Message 4 of 13
allanthebruce
in reply to: hunt4one

I've had this issue in 2017 and cant work it out either I am having to copy to a new dwg and then its ok. I'd love to get to the bottom of it!

Using Jeffs idea did not work......

Cheers

Allan

Message 5 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: allanthebruce

allanthebruce, please start a new post to ask about this. Adding on to a 4 year old thread is a good way to not get much help. You can always add a link back to this thread for reference. If you provide the dwg in which points cannot be added, we may be able to solve it for you.
EESignature
Message 6 of 13
dodgese2
in reply to: allanthebruce

I also cannot create COGO points in a drawing.

I'm also having the same issue with Civil 3D 2016 on one drawing. Cannot originate a manual cogo point. I have checked if the next number in the numbering sequence of points has not been used. 

Message 7 of 13
Pointdump
in reply to: dodgese2

Nestor,

More details please. Describe the steps you are using to create the COGO Point and exactly what happens. Screenshots would be helpful to diagnose.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 8 of 13
Jeff_M

In addition to what Dave said, posting your drawing would likely be the quickest way to get a definitive response.
EESignature
Message 9 of 13
dodgese2
in reply to: Pointdump

Hello, 

Thanks for checking up on this issue-Jeff and Point.

I'm using CREATEPOINTMANUAL command from the  PointCreation tools flyout . The drawing contains existing COGO points in the drawing numbered 35,36, 41 and 42. 

Went into point identity, changed the 'next point number' to a really high number from the default value of 100 to 550,000

Then clicked on another field in the menu to keep the value (i clicked on Point Number offset, but did not change its value). I kept the command window open so I could capture the command CREATEPOINTMANUAL not doing anything, but... to my surprise... It is now working. Thank you, changing the 'point identity' to a higher value than all existing numbers worked for me, it's former value was 100. The existing points were nowhere near the amount of 100, how come it wasn't able to create a point with an initial number value of 100?

Message 10 of 13
Pointdump

Nestor,

I created points 35, 36, 41 and 42. Then I changed "Next Point Number" to 43.

NextPoint1.png

Then I created another point. Worked OK.

NextPoint2.png

Can you post your drawing?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 11 of 13
dodgese2
in reply to: Pointdump

I'm glad that worked for you Dave.

Sorry Dave, I can't post production drawings from clients, I hope you understand. I hope someone with a sketch or test drawing can reproduce the same situation and upload it. If I can reproduce the same issue, I will upload the .dwg file for testing on this thread.

Message 12 of 13
konvalov
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks a lot it really works

@Jeff_M  ha escrito:

The Next Point Number is probably set to a used point#

6-11-2012 12-33-11 PM.png

Message 13 of 13
LucasHicks
in reply to: konvalov

I'm guessing you are creating the points, just not seeing them.  Check your prospector listing of your point groups.  I've had it where all_points was at the top of the list but it was using a no_display at it's label properties.

OpenRoads Designer, Civil 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report