AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
ddixon3
Message 1 of 25 (125 Views)

Can't apply Service Pack 1

125 Views, 24 Replies
05-06-2004 01:24 PM
I'n trying to apply SP1 to an unlocked version of Civil 3D. I receive an error "A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator. Error Code: 1624". I cannot get around this error to apply the Service Pack. Can anyone help me?

Dave D.
*Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Develo
Message 2 of 25 (125 Views)

Re: Can't apply Service Pack 1

05-06-2004 01:33 PM in reply to: ddixon3
Hi Dave, I found documentation stating that error message is often associated with an attempt to install the incorrect version of a service pack. Was your Civil Design installed as stand alone or as part of the Civil Series product? There is a service pack version for each installation type. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
*Dave D
Message 3 of 25 (125 Views)

05-06-2004 01:43 PM in reply to: ddixon3
In article <409aa12b$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Dave, > I found documentation stating that error message is often associated with an > attempt to install the incorrect version of a service pack. > > Was your Civil Design installed as stand alone or as part of the Civil > Series product? There is a service pack version for each installation type. > > > Thanks for the response Karen. I installed Civil 3D from a network deployment that out IT guy setup for us. Now I'm trying to apply the file "C3D_2004_SP1_UL.exe" just to my local computer. Not trying to do anything fancy with the network deployment. I've actually tried both versions of the SP and get the same results.
Message 4 of 25 (125 Views)

05-06-2004 01:54 PM in reply to: ddixon3
Hi Tom, When I hear network deployment, that means to me that the program files DO NOT reside on you hard drive but are being accessed from the server. The other deployment type is client deployment in which case the program files DO reside on your hard drive. Just need some clarification on your terminology, as some people mean different things when the speak of network deployment. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
*Dave D
Message 5 of 25 (125 Views)

05-06-2004 01:57 PM in reply to: ddixon3
In article <409aa60c$1_3@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Tom, > When I hear network deployment, that means to me that the program files DO > NOT reside on you hard drive but are being accessed from the server. The > other deployment type is client deployment in which case the program files > DO reside on your hard drive. Just need some clarification on your > terminology, as some people mean different things when the speak of network > deployment. > > > Ok, all files reside on my hard drive so I guess it would be a client deployment. The install image is on our network. The license manager is also on our network. Sorry for the confusion. Dave
Message 6 of 25 (125 Views)

05-06-2004 02:06 PM in reply to: ddixon3
Hi Tom, Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the product information button. On the product information page, under Product Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
*Dave D
Message 7 of 25 (125 Views)

05-06-2004 02:14 PM in reply to: ddixon3
In article <409aa8c9$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Tom, > Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the > product information button. On the product information page, under Product > Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? > > Yes Karen, the Product information says "Autodesk Land Desktop 2004" and the product service pack is "0". Dave
*Dave D
Message 8 of 25 (125 Views)

05-06-2004 02:30 PM in reply to: ddixon3
In article , ddixon3 @hotmail.com says... > In article <409aa8c9$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test > Development" @autodesk.com> says... > > Hi Tom, > > Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the > > product information button. On the product information page, under Product > > Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? > > > > > Yes Karen, the Product information says "Autodesk Land Desktop 2004" and > the product service pack is "0". > > Dave > Karen, Also, when I open Land Desktop 2004 and look at the Product Information it has Service Pack 2 for the Product Service Pack. I try to keep up- to-date on the SP's. It thought it was odd that Civil 3D shows no service pack for LDT 2004. Dave
*Dave D
Message 9 of 25 (125 Views)

05-07-2004 10:27 AM in reply to: ddixon3
In article , ddixon3 @hotmail.com says... > In article , ddixon3 > @hotmail.com says... > > In article <409aa8c9$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test > > Development" @autodesk.com> says... > > > Hi Tom, > > > Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the > > > product information button. On the product information page, under Product > > > Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? > > > > > > > > Yes Karen, the Product information says "Autodesk Land Desktop 2004" and > > the product service pack is "0". > > > > Dave > > > Karen, > Also, when I open Land Desktop 2004 and look at the Product Information > it has Service Pack 2 for the Product Service Pack. I try to keep up- > to-date on the SP's. It thought it was odd that Civil 3D shows no > service pack for LDT 2004. > > Dave > Is there a solution to this problem?
Message 10 of 25 (125 Views)

05-07-2004 11:11 AM in reply to: ddixon3
Hi Dave, Sounds like you have all the right pieces in place. I'm assuming you are logged in as admin on the system. My thoughts at this point are there is something up with the original install. Has anyone else in your group been able to install the SP? I think a repair install would be in order at this point. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.