Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't add/remove menus in 2008

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kpritchett
792 Views, 6 Replies

can't add/remove menus in 2008

For some reason, when i customize my cui file to add or remove menus, the changes aren't reflected by the program. I customize my current workspace, remove some menus, hit done, apply and ok, but the menus are still there. I tried adding menus, and that didn't work either. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Kevin Pritchett
C3D 2008
Core 2 Duo
Windows XP Pro SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
petrocat
in reply to: kpritchett

I have the same issue, and posted on another thread. No one has had an answer. My guess is wait for a service pack.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I thought editing the current workspace was a no-no.
Try changing to a different one, editing the one you want, then change back.
This is one reason we don;t use them in 2006. Not sure if 2008 has fixed that yet.

kpritchett <>
|>For some reason, when i customize my cui file to add or remove menus, the changes aren't reflected by the program. I customize my current workspace, remove some menus, hit done, apply and ok, but the menus are still there. I tried adding menus, and that didn't work either. Anybody have any idea what's going on?
|>
|>Kevin Pritchett
|>C3D 2008
|>Core 2 Duo
|>Windows XP Pro SP2
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
Message 4 of 7
petrocat

Hmmm. Your suggestion worked. Thanks. I went to a different workspace and added the menu.
I'm a little puzzled, because in 2007, I never had this hiccup, and could customize my "current" while being in it. No big deal.
As far as being a "no no", I think it depends on your IT. At our company, we have a basic view, and we tell the users that if they want to add stuff, go ahead, just don't take anything off or rearrange the basic menus and toolbars. That doesn't always work. Some people insist on straining on the gnat while swallowing the camel.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

same problem here too. Just installed today.

--

David Dixon
Clark Nexsen, Architecture & Engineering
Civil 3D 2007 SP3
Dell Optiplex 745
XP Pro SP2, Intel P4 3.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM
256 ATI Radeon X600 Dual Display
http://dca2civil3d.blogspot.com

On Mon, 07 May 2007 10:12:09 -0400, petrocat wrote:

> I have the same issue, and posted on another thread. No one has had an answer. My guess is wait for a service pack.
>
Message 6 of 7
kpritchett

apparently that was the problem. I switched to the Design workspace, made the changes to the Civil 3D Complete workspace, then made that workspace current again. Et, viola! Problem solved!

thanks

Kevin Pritchett
C3D 2008
Core 2 Duo
Windows XP Pro SP2
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

never mind. got it to work. Guess we can't edit the "current workspace" in 2008 like before.

On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:41:37 -0400, David Dixon wrote:

--

David Dixon
Clark Nexsen, Architecture & Engineering
Civil 3D 2007 SP3
Dell Optiplex 745
XP Pro SP2, Intel P4 3.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM
256 ATI Radeon X600 Dual Display
http://dca2civil3d.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report