Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add grading to surface

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
walkah21
7071 Views, 5 Replies

Can't add grading to surface

I've graded some feature lines of a trail that we have. I graded them at a 20:1 slope/catch to the existing surface. Now, I want to add this grading to my design surface. So normally, I can select the bottom of the catch, right click and select "Add to Surface". Now, when I select the catch line, it selects the whole grading feature and I can't add it to my design surface. I've never had this happen to me before.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Citadel2012
in reply to: walkah21

I think previously you were probably grabbing the feature line created by the grading. If you were to use the prospector to select the grab the feature lines (created by the grading, under the grading Site's drop down menu), you could add them to the surface as breaklines.

in reply to: Citadel2012

Unfortunately, the grading is not creating feature lines for some reason. I have never ran into this. Thanks for your response.  I've attached a screenshot of the surface with triangles turned on.  The two circled sets are all part of the same grading feature.  In the left you can see that it created triangles, but in the right, no triangles were create.  Any ideas why?  (Ignore the interpolated triangles on the left of the screen)

Message 4 of 6
Citadel2012

It looks (from that picture) that the one grading area without triangles is not part of the surface (hence why no triangles are displayed). If you can't play with the gradings and delete & recreate a few to get it working properly, you can just draw a feature line tracing a similar path as the grading daylight line and add that new feature line to your surface. You already know where this line is because the grading has projected to it. Hope this helps.

in reply to: Citadel2012

I think for budget's sake, this will be the quickest solution. Thanks for your help!
Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Sounds like you have a grading conflict somewhere. this snip of your grading doesn't look healthy. You should examine the parent line for cleanliness. those projection lines look like a file corruption waiting to happen.

goprob.PNG

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report