Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not "Swap Parts" in a storm sewer drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4899 Views, 6 Replies

Can Not "Swap Parts" in a storm sewer drawing

Can Not "Swap Parts" in a storm sewer drawing?

This particular drawing should have been thrown away and started new, but its too far along and too close to done where I really don't want to do that.

The drawing was started in Civil 3D 2010 and is now save as a 2011.  The data base was converted to a .net

The parts are showing "Null Structure" in the prospector, but they are a variety of different symbols.  I can't swap parts to change them to different structures and I they are not adjusting the rim to the surface elevation.  I can delete the part and draw a new part in and it shows the correct structure and will read the surface elevation.

Any way to fix this without deleting all my structures and replacing them?

Thanks

Brad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jefflyons2968
in reply to: Anonymous

We have had major issues with version upgrades from 2008 all the way to 2011... basically, you need to recreate a 2011 Parts list in your existing drawing which is created from the new 2011 Pipe catalog.  When you swap a part, it will now allow it...

This means if you have created additional pipe/structure size updates to the previous version XML catalogs, you will have to re-create those changes from scratch in 2011 using Part Builder.

Parts List in DWTs will also have to be re-created from scratch to ensure new drawings are not corrupted from the start...

The fragility of the part Pipe Cat->Parts list->pipe network ->pipe/structure props relationship should be a real challenge in a few years when we are running 2014 and asbuilts start coming in...

-JPL

P.S. Autodesk - consider an addon Application that compares XML Cats and updates the new version XML Cats with old XML changes. A second app then allows and "update" of parts lists HUID with new HUID...not sure if this is the problem we are having.

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jefflyons2968

This can also happen when the dwg is looking at the wrong parts list which could be set back to the default location after an upgrade or update. When this happens it is easy to fix by typing setnetworkcatalog and browsing to the correct folder.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks!  That was the problem!

Message 5 of 7
nonbeard13
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Mr. Mayo

thank you - this should be flagged as a solution.

it also helpped me with a problem file.

nonbeard13

Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

I took care of that

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you folks.

🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report