AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

CelsoBarroca
Message 1 of 5 (72 Views)

Can I rename alignments

72 Views, 4 Replies
01-15-2004 09:22 AM
I want to rename alignments, how can i do it?
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 5 (72 Views)

Re: Can I rename alignments

01-16-2004 07:04 AM in reply to: CelsoBarroca
Are you in C3D or in LDT? Assuming C3D, right click on the alignment, pull up properties, and edit the Name Field on the first tab. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
CelsoBarroca
Message 3 of 5 (72 Views)

01-21-2004 06:35 AM in reply to: CelsoBarroca
Hello James.
I'm working with LDD3
*James Wedding
Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)

01-21-2004 06:43 AM in reply to: CelsoBarroca
Well, that's a completely different question, isn't it. In LDT, it's not enarly so easy. Switch over to the LDT newsgroup and do a search for rename alignments. I think most people advocate simply redefining the alignment, but you can do database edits directly, or there are some routines out there that claim to handle it. SInce I've not used any of them, I can't vouch for their effectiveness at the task. HTH! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
*Mark Scacco
Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)

01-21-2004 07:33 AM in reply to: CelsoBarroca
couldn't you export the alignment using XML, do a find and replace on the alignment name and then reimport the xml data? I've never actually tried this, but it sounds good in theory =) Mark Scacco "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400e9001$1_3@newsprd01... > Well, that's a completely different question, isn't it. > > In LDT, it's not enarly so easy. Switch over to the LDT newsgroup and do a > search for rename alignments. I think most people advocate simply redefining > the alignment, but you can do database edits directly, or there are some > routines out there that claim to handle it. SInce I've not used any of them, > I can't vouch for their effectiveness at the task. > > HTH! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!