Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get my structure label to stop flipping?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
phllygrl
794 Views, 3 Replies

Can I get my structure label to stop flipping?

Is there a way that I can get a small angle between my leader and the landing? When I get to a certain angle, the text flips. I can't place the text exactly where I want it because of this. I've tried changing the Readability Bias angle in the label style but that didn't work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tylerfowler
in reply to: phllygrl

Are you viewing the object/label through a viewport?

Is it a Data Shortcut?

I would be inclined to change the orientation reference on the label to View if through a Viewport.  You can always create a copy of the label style if this is the only label that you want to be displayed different than the rest.

Message 3 of 4
RDunkley
in reply to: phllygrl

If I am understanding your issue correctly (I think we have the same issue) you are unable to place Structure Labels directly above or below the Structure that you wish to label... As soon as you move too close to vertical the Label 'Flips' to the other side, which can be a pain when you need to move the label to avoid clashes etc. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware there is no way around this. Hopefully this can be fixed some time soon.

Regards

Ross

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: RDunkley

@RDunkley wrote:

If I am understanding your issue correctly (I think we have the same issue) you are unable to place Structure Labels directly above or below the Structure that you wish to label... As soon as you move too close to vertical the Label 'Flips' to the other side, which can be a pain when you need to move the label to avoid clashes etc. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware there is no way around this. Hopefully this can be fixed some time soon.

Regards

Ross

Ten years later, the struggle continues.

Any suggestions on how to place a label vertically above the structure on my sheet?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report