Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculate the cut and fill to a site by leveling

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
380 Views, 4 Replies

calculate the cut and fill to a site by leveling

Is it logical ? when I make leveling using c3d the cut volume become low and the fill volume also become low if I raise the finish level surface !!

Can I have a proof for this to convience my boss ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

also is there is a way to make levelng rather than make levelin surface from points ? please help 

Message 3 of 5
doni49

Welcome to the forum!

I'm having trouble understanding your question.  Can you post a sketch of what you're trying accomplish?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
sboon

You can use all sorts of objects as source data for building a surface.  One of the popular choices for creating flat site grades is to use a polyline as a surface breakline.  The polyline is all at one elevation and it's easy to edit.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
sboon

Normally if you raise the finished surface the cut volume should decrease and the fill volume should increase.  It might be possible under the right circumstances that you raise the finished surface high enough so that the daylight grading is unable to find the edge of the existing surface.  If that happens the software would stop calculating that grading slope, and the fill volume would suddenly decrease.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report