Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Superelevation Wizard (Command Settings)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
GTVic
769 Views, 10 Replies

Calculate Superelevation Wizard (Command Settings)

I am refering to the Toolspace, Settings, Alignments, Commands, CreateAlignmentLayout, Edit Command Settings...

Edit Command Settings - CreateAlignmentLayout.png

This dialog contains settings for Superelevation Options, normal lane width, shoulder width, shoulder slope, etc.

However, after creating the alignment and then using the Calculate Superelevation Wizard, _AeccCalcEditSuperElevation, these defaults are not used. The lane width goes back to the original default of 12.0m.

It seems pretty clear that I need to find SuperElevation\Commands\CalcEditSuperElevation in the Toolspace - Settings tab, and do an Edit Command Settings there but there is no such thing.

Any assistance in setting the Superelevation defaults would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: GTVic

The "Normal Lane Width" default value does work if applied at the Feature Settings level.

Settings Tab of Toolspace > Alignment (rt. click) > Edit Feature Settings > Superelevation Options > Normal Lane Width = 3.6 m.

Tutorial Align-Superelevation-5.dwg was used for test & default for normal lane width was set to 6 m.

Screen shot shows 3.6 m width is now default.

super.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks, I guess I was adjusting settings at too deep a level. Alignment style, label and label set defaults can be adjusted there as well instead of under Commands.

Message 4 of 11
GTVic

This question is somewhat related:

In the same Edit Feature Settings... dialog for Toolspace->Settings->Alignment there is the Default Styles section which allows, for example, a single Curve Label Style to be the default for new alignments.

After the alignment is created and initial labels are applied, what is the most efficient way to add a second curve label of a different style to a specific alignment?

Or to change the default curve label style for a specific alignment after the alignment is created.

I've found that you can add two labels of the same type and then change one to a different style but that seems a little convoluted.

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
sboon

There's a couple of ways, depending on how many curves you need to do.  If it's just a few then I'll usually open the Add Labels dialog and add them using the Single Segment option.  To label the entire alignment it's a bit more of a process:

• From the Add Labels dialog use the Multiple Segment option with the first curve style and a standard line style.
  • Select one of the tangent labels, use Select Similar to get them all and erase them.
  • Use the Multiple Segment command again with the second curve style and the appropriate line style.

Takes longer to explain it than it does to actually do it.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: sboon

Ahh. Seems obvious now, Add Alignment Labels, first option in the pull-down. Point of Intersection allows both Point of Intersection and Tangent Intersection labels to be added. Thanks Steve.

Message 7 of 11
sboon

There's an argument to be made for a tool that would add "sets" of segment labels, similar to the alignment stationing and profile label sets.  It would make life easier for this type of scenario.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 11
GTVic

I'm finding this labelling fairly hard to work with. The values that are provided are often incorrect when curves are combined with spirals or even just a left hand turns result in incorrect values. Curve center points that are on the outside of the curve, incorrect PI locations, incorrect tangent in/out values. Quite disappointing.

Greg

Message 9 of 11
sboon

@GTVic wrote:

I'm finding this labelling fairly hard to work with. The values that are provided are often incorrect when curves are combined with spirals or even just a left hand turns result in incorrect values. Curve center points that are on the outside of the curve, incorrect PI locations, incorrect tangent in/out values. Quite disappointing.

Greg

Please post specific examples.  Finding the right parameters for labelling spiral-curve-spiral combinations and compound curves can be a bit of a pain, but you should be able to produce labels that do what you want.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 10 of 11
GTVic

See Attached,

Alignment labels - geometry points - perpendicular with tic and line, forced to Inside

The alignment starts on the left, the second turn is to the left.

Two labels on the left turn appear on the outside of the curve.

If you turn off force to inside then the labels are consisten but not what we want.

Also see the curve label which interprets the center of the 450m radius curve as 450m to the outside of the curve instead of 450m to the inside. I drew a line from the actual center to where it placed the label. This is consistent with the mistake on the geometry point labels.

Message 11 of 11
Eng.Amr.Abdallah

Hello All,

Am using Civil 3D 2014

I worked on superelevation calculation wizard but i suffered a problem in adjusting lane width and slope at each side although i removed the check mark from (Symmetric Roadway) box. Please refer to the below image.Image 041.png

Every time i change lane width or lane slope, the other side cell changes to the same value automatically and this affects my superelevation diagram.

I need to insert variable lane widths and slopes. Any Help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report