Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD 2013 Profile issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
manmonza
166 Views, 3 Replies

CAD 2013 Profile issues

I am not real skilled at using CAD but I am doing my best to do a design. What is happening is that when I try to create a profile from layout(existing) the draw tools open but the draw command is not working. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: manmonza

@manmonza wrote:

I am not real skilled at using CAD but I am doing my best to do a design. What is happening is that when I try to create a profile from layout(existing) the draw tools open but the draw command is not working. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

So you're trying to "Create" the "Exisitng" profile?  Or you're trying to layout the proposed based on the existing?

Here's the process that I normally use:

1. "Create Surface Profile".  This assumes you've already created your alignment and surface.  It will cut a profile of the alignment along the surface. 
  2. There is an OPTION to "Create Profile View".  Do so.
  3. Now use your Profile Creation Tools to draw your proposed profile in the Profile View you created above.  By drawing the profile in the Profile View, it'll be tied to your horizontal alignment.

There are lots of tutorials on creating profiles in C3D.  There are even some youtube videos availble for free.  Search for "How to Create Profile in Civil 3D".

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
doni49

@manmonza wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Oh and PLEASE DON'T SCREAM AT US!!!  🙂

1. All caps is yelling.
  2. One exclamation point is yelling.
  3. Three exclamations and all caps?  I'd call that screaming.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
jporter

monmanza,

Head over to YouTube and search for "Civil 3d create surface profile" and you'll find the solution to your issue.

Hope this helps!
Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report