Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2014 extremely slow after C3D2015 install

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
Jeff_M
2351 Views, 43 Replies

C3D2014 extremely slow after C3D2015 install

I mean real slow....what used to take 8-10 seconds to start C3D2014 to Drawing1 now takes 90-120 seconds. When I can finally click the A icon in upper left corner it takes 10-15 seconds before I can select a recent dwg to open. Once I do select a dwg, the dwg that took ~5 seconds to load previously now takes ~90 seconds.

I have run a repair install on C3D2014 with no change in these times. I've run ProcessMonitor to see if there's anything obvious and I sure don't see anything. Does anyone else with both these versions installed see the same type of slowdown?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
43 REPLIES 43
Message 41 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nikoue

Hi,

am I right that your 2015 video with hw-acceleration is slower than without hw-acceleration?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 42 of 44
nikoue
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The same happens with 2013. It’s faster with hw acceleration off. But the quality of the view in both versions isn’t good enough without it.

In both cases 2013 is faster in a point that you easy understand it.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Message 43 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nikoue

Hi,

>> The same happens with 2013. It’s faster with hw acceleration off. But the quality of the view in both versions isn’t good enough without it.

I want now to wait if anyone else confirms that. At least I never had a quality difference between hw-accerlation on or off.

And it's very untypical that your graphics is slower with hw-acceleration on (compared to faster when hw-acc off) as long as you are in a rendered style and not in 2D-wireframe mode.

Can you describe what you mean by quality difference? Where do you see anything displayed with less quality when hw-acc is off.

And just as an idea: if it has to do with texture maps, then it might depend on texture map compression, but in any case, a texture map is used with command _RENDER, not important on the display IMHO.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 44 of 44
Cadguru42
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'm having the opposite affect. I just installed IDSP 2015 this morning and C3D 2015 opens much slower than 2014. Both are on the same SSD drive. It does seem like the interface for 2015 is faster, but I've also had it crash on me 3 times doing basic things like create a new, blank drawing using the OOTB blank template then close that drawing. I'm not even importing any workspaces from older versions. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report