Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Webcast DVB File

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
199 Views, 3 Replies

C3D Webcast DVB File

In case you are curious, attached is the stripped down Webcast DVB file that I used today. I realized after the webcast that I didn't clearly explain the purpose of the SetPoints routine that I ran through. Most of you are familiar with Civil Subdivision Grading. We use this tool to set points at the TC, ROW, Building Line, Rear Pad Line, and Backyard Swale Line, all based on a relative offset from the Proposed CL elevation. Using this tool, we set the offset amount, then snap to the offset points down one side of the street, setting points all the way. Switch to the other side of the street, set the same offsets. Return to the dialog box, change the point description and Vert Offset and go back into the drawing to set the next strip of points. If you have any questions on how it works, please let me know. Thanks. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for clarifying James. I was wondering why you wanted to use alignments to set the points. "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41f18012_2@newsprd01... > In case you are curious, attached is the stripped down Webcast DVB file > that I used today. I realized after the webcast that I didn't clearly > explain the purpose of the SetPoints routine that I ran through. > > Most of you are familiar with Civil Subdivision Grading. We use this tool > to set points at the TC, ROW, Building Line, Rear Pad Line, and Backyard > Swale Line, all based on a relative offset from the Proposed CL elevation. > Using this tool, we set the offset amount, then snap to the offset points > down one side of the street, setting points all the way. Switch to the > other side of the street, set the same offsets. Return to the dialog box, > change the point description and Vert Offset and go back into the drawing > to set the next strip of points. > > If you have any questions on how it works, please let me know. Thanks. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

We found that using points was faster than cross sections when dealing with short roads like in a subdivision. Intersections are just too frequent for cross-section design to be at full speed (at least for us.) -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

James, the routine that you are providing here for free is very generous. This capability for Civil 3D is exactly what kept so many users on Softdesk using Madcap/Mapcad when LDt came out. "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41f18012_2@newsprd01... > In case you are curious, attached is the stripped down Webcast DVB file that > I used today. I realized after the webcast that I didn't clearly explain the > purpose of the SetPoints routine that I ran through. > > Most of you are familiar with Civil Subdivision Grading. We use this tool to > set points at the TC, ROW, Building Line, Rear Pad Line, and Backyard Swale > Line, all based on a relative offset from the Proposed CL elevation. Using > this tool, we set the offset amount, then snap to the offset points down one > side of the street, setting points all the way. Switch to the other side of > the street, set the same offsets. Return to the dialog box, change the point > description and Vert Offset and go back into the drawing to set the next > strip of points. > > If you have any questions on how it works, please let me know. Thanks. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report