Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D to SSA (Checklist and Tips Needed)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
clemay
288 Views, 0 Replies

C3D to SSA (Checklist and Tips Needed)

I have created my pipe network and I am ready to import my pipe network into the Storm & Sanitary Analysis (SSA).  Having setup a few drawings before in SSA, I have had issues in viewing point data, alignments, smart propert data, etc when I actually go and attach the dwg/image file to finish the rest of my work in SSA.

So I have had to explode Cogo Points down to text and alignments down to lines and so on.  SO I guess I need to do the same thing with my current drawing (copy of) before I export the drawing to the SSA?

So this will be my first actual export of the pipe network from C3D into SSA.  I have my migration settings set with my new Parts List for the one I have worked so hard on instead of the standard one.  I assume that overide was the correct move? 

I do not have any catchments as they will be created in SSA post export.  I also have ditches within my network that I have given null structures in the network with elevations and I will update them in SSA when I attach the dwg/image file with the objects (polylines) shown with the elevations.

I just wanted to reach out to some of the Jedi C3D Masters out there for some pointers since this road has been traveled down before.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report