Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D SURVEY DATA

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
CADEngr2014
416 Views, 8 Replies

C3D SURVEY DATA

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2015.

I use the survey database and description key set.  I have set a description key set code to: PZ-[1-7].  Which works well for these points.  However, when I change the code to PZ-[11-17] and select these points in the database, I do not get the point control but the standard style and label style for these points.  Nothing was changed with the description key set except the code to align with the raw description of these specific points.  Typically when I encounter this type of issue, I just manually force the points to the appropriate styles and layers thru the Propector.  I have checked the raw descriptions of these points and they do not have extra spaces or anything uniqely different.  So why does the description key set appear to work for some points but not for the other points with nearly the same description?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rl_jackson
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Post a drawing or a image of the description keys and your raw data description.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
tcorey

This is probably because a hyphen inside brackets provides a range match between single characters.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIVIL/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Civil%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url...

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 9
Jeff_M

To continue what Tim mentions, I believe the code you want will look like so: PZ-1[1-7]
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 9
CADEngr2014
in reply to: rl_jackson

rl_jackson,

Attached is my file.  I have tried various description codes as follows:

PZ-[11-17] all standard points, not correct.

PZ-11[11-17] all standard points, not correct.

PZ-1[11-17] the first and last point are correct but not all the points.

PZ-[1-7] and B-[1-3] do not have a problem coming into file correctly.

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

You didn't try the one I suggested. I did, in your dwg, and it appears to work as desired.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 9
rl_jackson

OK,

Now that I see what your trying to do. Is there any reason, not to just use PZ*. It look like you trying to associate the Piezometer to a specific number in the field like PZ-1 or PZ-31. or is there some significant things that you want to grab from your code to go into the description? I see you doing $0 which in your case since there are no spaces would capture your entire code.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
CADEngr2014
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

Yes, I see that now, the single character was the problem.  The reason for the range in the code is to apply a different description to a certain range of points.  However, my file may not have been a good example.  But you are correct, the PZ-* would be fine and just select the specific points to insert into file from survey database and change decription as needed.  I wish there was a way to do a range on a single line of decription key code that could have multiple characters.

Message 9 of 9
rl_jackson

You could use PZ*

Then have the code be PZ 1 B

In the description have the following NEWHA-004-PZ-$1$2 this would return NEWHA-004-PZ-1B

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report