Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D: Please wait while Windows configures AutoCAD Raster Design 2013

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
autoMick
6040 Views, 19 Replies

C3D: Please wait while Windows configures AutoCAD Raster Design 2013

Hi, I get this message when I start up Civil 3D now... not sure why. I've installed SP1 when if first came out, but this issue has only happened since this morning.

More important that the message though, I think this is associated with an issue I now have with a drawing that won't switch to model space... it just locks up with an "Loading AeciRibbonUiApi" message in the command bar.

I found one thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Startup-problem-seems-to-hang-on-quot-Loading-AeciRib... which raises the issue and suggests repairing the installation. I removed Raster Design 2013, then reinstalled but this didn't seem to help.

Has anyone had this issue and managed to fix it?

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
SethHall
in reply to: autoMick

Did anything change overnight? New software installation, OS updates, virus scan, registry cleaner, etc?? Anything you can think of?

What happens if another user logs in? Do they get the same message?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks for the suggestions... There were absolutely no changes (that I know of). I was working on it on Friday. Opened it up again on Monday and it didn't work. There's always the possibility that a windows update installed during the shutdown over the weeked, and virus scanning is happening all the time... but I'd expect C3D to be more robust than that anyway. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Raster Design and also C3D separately, to no effect. I'd logged a support call also with no advice that worked "there are random known issues with raster design..."

In any case, the job was urgent and I found no other options but a complete reinstall of the whole infrastructure suite of programs (about 30 separate uninstalls !@!@!). This fixed the problem, but I was far from impressed (and it certainly doesn't warrant a "Solved!"). It still amazes me that I can pay $500 for MS Office and use it hard for a year without an issue, and then pay something like $9000 for autodesk stuff and I run into bug (not a user issue but a real bug), every second day.

Message 4 of 20
SethHall

I am sorry to hear that. The reason I asked if something changed is because if it worked on Friday and didn't work on Monday, something must have occurred that most likely modified and/or deleted a necessary file that Raster Design needed to function correctly. This usually happens without any knowledge of it even happening. 

Did you try logging in under a different user profile to see if it was limited to your profile?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: SethHall

No - didn't try another user profile. I had to get it functional again and did the reinstall of everything before I got this suggestion. I'll keep it in mind though for the next time.

Message 6 of 20
jmacpherson
Message 7 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: jmacpherson

Hey thanks Jim, I'll check it out. I don't have the issue any more (I had to uninstall Raster Design quite a while ago because of this issue), but might reinstall and see what happens in relation to the link you've posted.

Regards

- Mick

Message 8 of 20
DeanMellinger

Yes, I had this issue and this solution worked.

In my case I had to run AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 to allow Raster to 'finish installing'.  The next time I opened ACA, there was no Raster message.

I guess my question is why did it install this way?  I use ACA a lot; structural detailing hardly ever.  Why would structural detailing be the default?  If anything, it seems like it would be the other way around.

My only guess is that pogrommers are like engineers which is why I absolutely love having a $3000 drawing tool and am reduced to filling in a matrix to create a wall type.  Why not a mode where I can draw what I want or dragon drop materials and let the program fill in the matrix.  Same with Ribbons and toolbars.  Humans are graphical.  Why have a wonderful mechanism of dragon drop xrefs in Project Navigator but make it more difficult to move some tool icons around.  Silliness.  K.I.S.S.

Thanks,

Message 9 of 20
BrianHailey

@jmacpherson wrote:

Solution:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/please-wait-while-windows-configures-raster-messa...

Regards,

Jim

I had the same issue and this fixed it for me as well. I think it happens if you have installed the suite and then log in as a different user on that machine.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 20

This is not a FIX for C3D 2014. Can someone please help with this issue? I am attempting to find this HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\AutoCAD Raster Design 2013” file for my 2014 installation without any luck.
RUNDOWN:

I've recently had to repair, uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall, un....  REIMAGE PC and INstall C3D 2014 because of hangups and stalling to the program.

The latest installation has caused "Windows to configure ACAD Raster Design..." with every start up. I am not able to produce PDF Sets out of my sheet set manager. I do not know if the two issues are connected with one another. Being very NON productive in my world and would like to get this thing rolling again soon.

Thank you for your consideration and research.
MBH

Message 11 of 20

Brian, why would I ever log on as a different user? I'm the only person who uses this pc. Although, come to think of it, I had to have IT log in to be able to intall the 2014 software.
Does that sound like there is an issue that will never be resolved if I am the only one using this PC?
Can something be uninstalled or will the use of something of importance be lost?
Thoughts?
Message 12 of 20

embe8ch is aka Mary Beth Harwood, Boulder County Transportation, BTW.
Message 13 of 20

@Mary-Beth-Chasen_BOULDER-CO wrote:

This is not a FIX for C3D 2014. Can someone please help with this issue? I am attempting to find this HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\AutoCAD Raster Design 2013” file for my 2014 installation without any luck.

HERE is where it is on my system.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 14 of 20

The registry key for the 2014 version of Raster Design is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\AutoCAD Raster Design 2014

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 15 of 20
d4dooley2
in reply to: david.zavislan

As an alternative to this problem....  Couldn't you just go and open every Autodesk program you have installed on your machine at least once?  That way at least all your "Root Folders" have been created, wheather you use the program or not.

For what it's worth...  On my C3D/Raster/Suite 2014 install.  The Raster Design was using Utility Design 2014 folder.

Message 16 of 20
ameyer

@jmacpherson wrote:

Solution:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/please-wait-while-windows-configures-raster-messa...

Regards,

Jim

I realize this is an old post, but I just had the same problem with 2016.  It started after I errantly clicked on the Raster Design 2016 icon on my screen.  I use Infrastructure Design Suite 2016 (Autocad Map).  The above link solved my solution - I had not yet started Map on a new profile.  Once I started it, my "vanilla" AutoCAD started right up without the message.

Aaron Meyer, PE, LS
Meyer Civil Engineering, Inc.
Bakersfield, CA
Message 17 of 20
BShick5088
in reply to: ameyer

We are also using 2016, Infrastrucure Design Suite: Priemum, I found that by looking at the regestery key (mentioned above) we have to launch the "Autodesk Utility Design" to complete the Raster Design pathing. After that, all Autodesk products seem to launch properly....

Message 18 of 20
jmayo-EE

IF the message, "Please wait while blah blah raster configures..." shows at EVERY startup then Raster Design was not initially configured/installed to Civil 3D.

It seems that some of the suites have raster design installed to the Autodesk Utility Design program. Simply starting this program will allow raster to complete it's configuration and after doing so you will not see the messgae when starting C3D.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 19 of 20
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

IME the civil suites write the RD config to the utility design program. The link below implies that the arch suites may load the config to the electrical product.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Please...

Either way the reg will tell you where it was installed.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 20 of 20
BShick5088
in reply to: jmayo-EE

That is correct... once the Autodesk Utility Design app was launched the Raster path installing was completed and the pop-up stopped.  It's good to know the registry key trick so we can decipher what app needed to be launched to complete the pathing...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report