Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Pipes issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
miagear
90 Views, 0 Replies

C3D Pipes issues

I may simply be missing something, but so far the following are limitations with pipes that either need to be documented better or addressed as defects:

When viewing pipe network in Prospector, you cannot call an edit panorama and can edit run data in Toolspace. (Yes I know you can do this from the pipes pulldown) This is unlike other C3D data like points and alignments. Editing in Panorama Toolspace is very difficult when toolsapce is docked.

When editing pipes you must select the network from Plan view only. Why can we not select the pipes in profile view for editing? Most people I know edit pipe values in profile not plan.

There is an inconsistency with pipe labels methods when compared to other types of labels in C3D. To control the display of a group of labels associated with a pipe network, you must address each label/part individually.

Can you set structures to update sump etc. automatically after pipe edits? If so, I cannot find it. Again an inconsistency in behavior when compared to other objects like surfaces and alignments.

Profile structure label grips do not act like other label objects. When a label is selected, the only grip you see is at the point where the label attaches to the structure and not at a point where the label itself is. Grip editing is not intuitive as a result.

Also the "Label Dimension Anchor" does not make sense. What exactly does this do?

Mia
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report