Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Oddity - Blocks in line label styles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JeffPaulsen
563 Views, 6 Replies

C3D Oddity - Blocks in line label styles

I was surprised no one had posted anything about this yet. And then again, maybe they did but I couldn't find it.

I have a line label style that consists of two blocks (crowsfeet). The blocks are taking on the properties of the current layer when xrefed. I have enclosed a couple of drawings to show this behavior.

Open the "crowsfeet sheet" drawing. You will notice the crowsfeet are green.

Change the current layer and regen. The crowsfeet will change to the color of the current layer.

To take this one step further:

Freeze the current layer in the current viewport. The crowsfeet disappear.

Change the current layer. The crowsfeet reappear with the color of the current layer.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

The objects in the blocks are on layer 0 with a color of bylayer. Changing the color to byblock produced the same results.

The only workaround I found was to change the color of the objects in the block to something other than bylayer or byblock.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

I was able to replicate this in drawings created from the default template that ships with Civil 3D so it isn't your machine and it isn't your drawing. It appears to be a bug.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
MarySeufert

I've seen this behavior as well, especially annoying with the station label ticks. My question is, why hasn't this been fixed yet?!!!

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 7
jbear0000

I have had the same problem, but don't have any work around other than setting the current layer to something that works with the blocks. See my post about it here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Strange-block-label-xref-printing-problem/td-p/286764...

I have been intending to submit this to Autodesk, but haven't taken the time to do so yet.

Message 5 of 7
Sinc

This sounds like the exact same problem we were having with Surface Elevation displays in C3D 2011, but which I think got fixed for that in one of the SPs.

Sinc
Message 6 of 7
JeffPaulsen

Autodesk is aware of this issue. DID 1438715

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Sounds familiar to pipe layer/color glitch thtat was also recently repaired...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Weird-Pipe-Layer-Color-Glitch-in-C3D-2011/td-p/269133...

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report