Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Labels don't respont to viewport scale?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
cmayesnanaimo
720 Views, 12 Replies

C3D Labels don't respont to viewport scale?

I have a drawing that was correct for a while and now for some reason all the labels that were created in the drawing don't seem to be responding to any scale applied to the viewport? All the labels were created using C3D labels and are set properly as this template works fine with all the other projects. I have attached a rough image, quality is lousy but you can see what’s left of the leaders and maybe make out some very tiny text? Does anyone have any ideas as to what variable may have been toggled or any fixes so I don't have to re-type all the text for this rather large project?...
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dness
in reply to: cmayesnanaimo

Try regenall. If that doesn't correct the appearance make sure your annotation scale is set to the viewport scale.
Message 3 of 13

yes, I have used regenall, that would be the first thing to do, and the scales are all set appropriatly. this is only hapenning on this one drawing and i believe has something to do with a variable.
Message 4 of 13
lsimms1

This may have something to do with your page layout. Try using the page set up manager. pick your problem layout fro the list and modify it. make sure your plot units are the same as dwg units. (either all metric, or all imperial)
Good luck
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

How many times do we have to re-iterate that the annotation scale does not
control the Civil 3D labels.
Changing the annotation scale at times (not always) changes the drawing
scale which controls the 3D labels in model space.

This probably has no impact on the Subject's problem.

Bill

wrote in message
news:6264392@discussion.autodesk.com...
Try regenall. If that doesn't correct the appearance make sure your
annotation scale is set to the viewport scale.
Message 6 of 13

Bill, I thank you for a response, but if you read my question it has nothing to do with the use of an annotation scale. I am very aware that lables in C3D are controled by the drawing scale. However in my case the labels aren't responding to the drawing scale apllied to a viewport, as they should.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I know that. That is what I was referring to with

"This probably has no impact on the Subject's problem"

Now, don't take me too serious.

Bill

wrote in message news:6264494@discussion.autodesk.com...
Bill, I thank you for a response, but if you read my question it has nothing
to do with the use of an annotation scale. I am very aware that lables in
C3D are controled by the drawing scale. However in my case the labels aren't
responding to the drawing scale apllied to a viewport, as they should.
Message 8 of 13

Maybe this problem could be a possible solution for the annotation scale?

Message 9 of 13
gknobbe

Have you tried to see if you have the same problem if you create a new vport in a new layout. Could be a problem with the vport or layout.

Message 10 of 13
Sinc
in reply to: gknobbe

This problem was most-likely the problem lsimms1 mentioned, with the plot scale in paperspace being set wrong (e.g., page size in inches, for a metric drawing).

Of course, it was almost a year ago, so hopefully the OP long-since solved this issue and just never reported the resolution...

Sinc
Message 11 of 13
wsheffer
in reply to: Sinc

I was just recently baffled by this same problem.  My contour, point, and alignment labels were too small in some of the layout views regardless of how I set the viewport scale or the annotation scale.  What finally fixed it was completing the page setup for each layout tab. 

That speaks to the importance of thoroughly setting up your layouts from the beginning. 

@dei-feif wrote:

This problem was most-likely the problem lsimms1 mentioned, with the plot scale in paperspace being set wrong (e.g., page size in inches, for a metric drawing).

Message 12 of 13
michelle.frazier
in reply to: wsheffer

It's also a problem between feet and inches, not just inches and millimeters.  I can't get it to work unless I use inches only in the viewport but then everything else is wrong with linetype scales. I'm resorting to putting the titleblock in model space for a temporary fix for the project I have to get out now. 

@wsheffer wrote:

I was just recently baffled by this same problem.  My contour, point, and alignment labels were too small in some of the layout views regardless of how I set the viewport scale or the annotation scale.  What finally fixed it was completing the page setup for each layout tab. 

That speaks to the importance of thoroughly setting up your layouts from the beginning. 

@dei-feif wrote:

Message 13 of 13
wfberry
in reply to: michelle.frazier

Most problem can be resolved by attaching a small drawing file.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report