Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D freezes when selecting layout tab

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
normans
475 Views, 2 Replies

C3D freezes when selecting layout tab

Started freezing when selecting a layout tab. Other programs respond but not C3D. Seems to be this one drawing - pretty simple, about 1000 pnts, and a surface so far. When I select the layout tab it switches and I see a few contours but C3D does not respond. First time I have exp this. Appreciate any help.

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gccdaemon
in reply to: normans

Some times you might get a corrupted surface. You might try exporting the surface to LandXML and importing it into a new drawing. If not then it could be a hardware problem. What are your system stats?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 3
normans
in reply to: gccdaemon

Thanks for the input. I coincidentally had tried what you suggested, I thought I had posted something to that effect, but maybe not? Anyway it seemed to work for awhile then I was merely selecting a different layer from the drop down in the home tab and C3D crashed which allowed me to send in a report. I since updated with the SP2.1. And it started freezing again. To make a long story longer I have been using a different pc and not yet experienced this problem with same file. I will continue testing tomorrow but still need to get my machine working. I think I may try installing 2012 again.

Any other suggestions much appreciated. I have recently installed C3D 2013 but not authenticated yet. Don;t know if that would have impact?

My stats:

Q9550 Quad Core processor 2.83 Ghz

3 GB Ram

Nvidia Quadro FX 3700

WDC 320 GB HD

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report