Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D and using mathematical operations in batch files

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
momarra
172 Views, 0 Replies

C3D and using mathematical operations in batch files

I use batch file commands extensively in my workflow. When moving from LDD to C3D I've found some problems when running LDD batch files within C3D survey command window.

1. When using the point information command "CL INV" if the number of points that I want to know the station and offset for exceeds a a certain amount ( somewhere around 20-30 points) then the autocad command line request that I press enter to continue BUT, since i'm in the survey command window there is NO WAY to get to the autocad command window to press the enter key to continue without breaking the batch run, and exiting the survey command window. WHAT's UP WITH THAT?

2. Mathematical operations within a batch line command is NOT WORKING. for example:

!
CL IS CL_BRGS_W.ABUT_RTE109_NB 0.000 501
CL PT 505 -(0.4495038+0.886+12.458+0.685+0.500) +0.375 "AP W.ABUT"
END

!

Here's the error message:

!

CL IS CL_BRGS_W.ABUT_RTE109_NB 0.000 501

!

!Figure ' CL_BRGS_W.ABUT_RTE109_NB ' is the current centerline.

!

!Start Station: -100.000    End Station: 100.000

!Improper command.  (Command '  ' undefined.)

CL PT 505  -(0.4495038+0.886+12.458+0.685+0.500) +0.375 "AP W.ABUT"

!505

END

please don't tell me that I need to add the CALC command. Been there, Done that!

There's really no reason why a batch file that works fine in LDD, with no errors shouldn't work in the C3D survey command window.

I even get an error when registering for this discussion board when I used an email address name that has an apostrophe. Typical AutoDesk. Your getting to big for your briches if you ask me. Just like windows. The higher you climb the harder you fall. Going to ribbons and revamping autoCAD user environment was a big mistake. Carlson is a better choice for surveyors.

BTW my email is: mark.o'marra@state.us.ma

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report