Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 Survey Point Extended Properties...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
twall
357 Views, 4 Replies

C3D 2015 Survey Point Extended Properties...

Hello,

I have pipeline weld shots which contain extended properties.  I have created appropriate User-Defined Property Classifications, Point File Formats, Point Label Styles, and Description Keys to import these pipe weld shots properly.  For some reason, when I import the provided .CSV file to the Survey database, C3D Survey automatically creates virtual duplicates of the User-Defined Property Classifications which I have previously established, and the "create new definitions" box, within the Survey Database Settings is not selected.

I have rebuilt my template from the default C3D Imperial template to isolate this issue.  I am certain I have configured all the Point Settings (from the Toolspace Settings tab) correctly, and while I have a workaround to get the weld shots to display as we need, this is not the ideal solution to my problem.

My reseller's tech support staff is at a loss as well.  If anyone out there can offer any assistance, it is much appreciated.  Thanks.

Tim Wall

Universal Surveying & Mapping

IDSP 2015

Civil 3D 2015

Dell Precision M6800

Windows 7 64bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: twall

I've had a similar issue. Here's what I did.

Create a custom point file format, with the additional columns for the extended properties (attributes), something like ATT1, ATT2 etc......

Define these in the SDB, but don't define them in the drawing C3D will take care of that, and you will not have the duplicates.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
twall
in reply to: rl_jackson

I did that, but it didn't work.  All extended property data is duplicated once the point file is imported into the Survey database.

However, I did discover - with the help of my re-seller's wonderful tech support staff - a method to import extended point data to the drawing file.  Once the points are in the drawing, I can attach the points to the SDB from the drawing, with no additional extended properties added to the database.

Message 4 of 5
twall
in reply to: rl_jackson

It didn't work. If I do not create the UDP Classifications prior to creating the custom Point File Format, I have to create and assign user-defined properties from within the Point File Format itself. And when I do that, the UDP do not import at all. I can set the extended properties accordingly, and set the database settings to create extended property definitions automatically. The additional weld data does not import.

The only way I can get the extended data to import is to create the UDPC in the drawing and have a Point File Format which references those, and C3D Survey creates duplicates upon import.

Thanks anyway.

Tim Wall
Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: twall

OK, I may have missed a small step. Define the UDP's in the SDB for the Survey Points under the Manage Extended Properties not the drawing. When you import the points to the SDB they will drop in the appropriate column, then they get created in the drawing when you bring them in from the SDB.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report