Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - survey database is not readable

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sbartels
1723 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2015 - survey database is not readable

I am trying to import survey data, but I keep getting the following error:

"The survey database is not readable.  You might not have access permissions to the file or directory.

Source: AeccAdoNetWrapper

Message: Unable to find the requested .net framework Data provider.  It may not be installed"

It was working fine yesterday, but now I downloaded C3D 2015 and I get this error message.  I even get the message on 2013, now.

I trying restoring the default settings in case my customizations were the problem, but I still can't create a new survey database or open any old ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephanie

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: sbartels

DO not USE IT ITS CRAP

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Cadguru42

@sbartels wrote:

I am trying to import survey data, but I keep getting the following error:

"The survey database is not readable.  You might not have access permissions to the file or directory.

Message: Unable to find the requested .net framework Data provider.  It may not be installed"

It was working fine yesterday, but now I downloaded C3D 2015 and I get this error message.  I even get the message on 2013, now.

I trying restoring the default settings in case my customizations were the problem, but I still can't create a new survey database or open any old ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephanie

It sounds like a permission issue in the survey database working folder. Check to make sure you have read/write permissions.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 7
sbartels
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

It sounds like a permission issue in the survey database working folder. Check to make sure you have read/write permissions.

Where can I find out what my survey database working folder is called?

Message 5 of 7
Cadguru42

@sbartels wrote:

@engrtech wrote:

Where can I find out what my survey database working folder is called?

From the Prospector>Survey tab, right-click Survey Databases and select Set working folder ... . That's where the working folder for the survey databases are. We keep ours on our server and every database in that folder. Some people want to make the survey database for a project stay with the project, so the working folder in that case would be your project folder. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
sbartels
in reply to: Cadguru42

Okay, so now I have set my working folder to one that I know I have permissions for.  Unfortunately, I now get a new error message:

"The survey database does not exist and could not be created

Message: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

Did I miss something in my installation?

Thank you,

Stephanie

Message 7 of 7
Cadguru42

@sbartels wrote:

Okay, so now I have set my working folder to one that I know I have permissions for.  Unfortunately, I now get a new error message:

"The survey database does not exist and could not be created

Message: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

Did I miss something in my installation?

Thank you,

Stephanie

Next thing to try is looking to see if MS SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 is installed as well as MS SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1. Also check to see if you have MS .NET Framework 4.5 installed. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report