Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 SP1 - Median crossing Centerline not working

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
fcernst
816 Views, 10 Replies

C3D 2015 SP1 - Median crossing Centerline not working

This is still not working after installing C3D 2015 SP1. It's been a couple years now.

Can Autodesk now comment affirmatively if Development has given up on trying to fix this core funtionality regarding street Corridor design?

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
vanessa.hall
in reply to: fcernst

Good Afternoon,

I was able  to locate an instance where the AMCENTLINE [centerline] command worked for one user.  

Have you tried using this command to make the centerline viewable??

Vanessa Hall

Message 3 of 11
Cadguru42
in reply to: vanessa.hall

@vanessa.hall wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I was able  to locate an instance where the AMCENTLINE [centerline] command worked for one user.  

Have you tried using this command to make the centerline viewable??

I'm confused about your response. The centerline isn't disappearing with this bug. A median subassembly cannot cross the centerline is the problem.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: vanessa.hall

Hi Vanessa,

I get an "Unknown Command" response for AMCENTLINE. Nothing comes up in Help for it.

I am unfamiliar with this command. What is it suppose to do?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 11
wfberry

I received the same thing Fred.

Bill

Message 6 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: wfberry

Looks like it's for the Mechanical's.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 7 of 11
wfberry

Fred:

Do Mechanics have medians?

Bill

Message 8 of 11
shayaq22

Hi Fred,

I am in the same boat. my median crosses the centerline to provide left turn lanes and i am having the same issue of curb lines and lane lines jumping to the other side of a divded roadway. were you able to find a better way to resolve this issue on your design. Please see the section view attached. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: shayaq22

No.

On August 11, Dave Simeone communicated to me that due to corridor logic issues they are taking a "cautious approach" regarding repair for this defect, thus could not give an expected date for delivery of a repair. He did say they have determined that it is not a Subassembly issue. For what it's worth he did mention they view this as a high-priority issue.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 10 of 11
wfberry

Fred:

Is it not possible to just stop the region short of this cross-over, start a new region with a revised assembly?

Bill

Message 11 of 11
Cadguru42
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

Fred:

Is it not possible to just stop the region short of this cross-over, start a new region with a revised assembly?

Bill

Yes, but that's yet another annoying feature using C3D. The problem with C3D is that due to limitations such as this we have to make dozens of regions for something that should be handled by just one or two. Since medians are almost always on the center of the road and move around when lanes are added or removed, it's ridiculous to have to create three regions when one should handle it. 

I just don't use the median subassemblies due to this. It's easier to create feature lines and do stepped offsets to get the surface drawn correctly than to make multiple regions. However, this means that the quantity takeoffs won't work to show curbs and the "fill" between them as well as cross sections not looking quite right. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report