Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
Cadguru42
4526 Views, 155 Replies

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted.

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. 

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. 

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015.

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time.

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
155 REPLIES 155
Message 81 of 156
DarrenP
in reply to: Cadguru42

this was probably the original plan from the beginnning but doesn't look like thay followed through with the service pack installation for an unknown reason

maybe 2016 this will be the case

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 82 of 156
r.peterson

when setting cannsoscale -
at command line get "drawing has a command in progress" - this locks C3D2015 and the only way to release it is to kill the process through task manager.
Message 83 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: r.peterson

@r.peterson wrote:
when setting cannsoscale -
at command line get "drawing has a command in progress" - this locks C3D2015 and the only way to release it is to kill the process through task manager.

I just tried it and it didn't crash or lock up. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 84 of 156
r.peterson

since the time i posted and the time you responded, i have had it lock up everytime for a total of 10 times . i have closed toolspace, design center, properties tabs, run audit, run recover, still the same. restarted windows 3x. i had no problems yesterday with this. I started using C3D2015 on monday. i was currently on 2014.

Message 85 of 156
r.peterson
in reply to: r.peterson

just wanted tot followup. evidently the dwg had some bugs that i could not and, acad could not find. started completely over.

audited my refererenced dwg and then recreated the sheet set. so far no more issues. glad it happened early in the project though. 

Message 86 of 156
sfore
in reply to: DarrenP

Any idea when SP1 for C3D 2015 will be released?  We're waiting to install the 2015 Infrastructure Design Suite (Premium), but I know better until at least the first SP is out.

Message 87 of 156
AllenJessup
in reply to: sfore

The old adage still holds. "Those that know. Can't tell"

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 88 of 156
neilyj666
in reply to: sfore

The vanilla AutoCAD 2015 SP1 was released a week or so ago......perhaps there are so many issues with Civil 2015 that there won't be an SP1 this side of Xmas......Smiley Wink

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 89 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

The vanilla AutoCAD 2015 SP1 was released a week or so ago......perhaps there are so many issues with Civil 2015 that there won't be an SP1 this side of Xmas......Smiley Wink

I don't think C3D 2015 SP1 will be out for a while. Autodesk itself doesn't even understand how the service packs are working for 2015. I found this out when they told me that since C3D is now an add-on to base AutoCAD and that they use the same acad.exe that any service pack for AutoCAD will apply to C3D, except SP1 for AutoCAD 2015 didn't apply to C3D 2015. That means it'll be like previous versions where the C3D guys will have to wait until the core AutoCAD guys do their service pack and then the Map guys do their service pack. Then the C3D team will have to incorporate their service pack with the others and hope they don't break anything. 

2015 is a giant mess where one team inside Autodesk isn't talking to the others and Autodesk is focused on the cloud crap that no one wants. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 90 of 156
John_DeLeeuw

Map 3D also has SP1 released here, but beware, when you install this and after that you need to reinstall Civil 3D 2015 completely (which I needed), then the patched files from this directory --> C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Map\bin\FDO\... will be replaced by the original, and bugged, files from the original setup. So then the WMS connections in Civil 3D 2015 will not work.

Then you think: why not reinstall the Map 3D SP1? Good thinking, but this SP1 thinks it is still installed...bit of a mess indeed. The only way you can solve this is to manually replace the bin\FDO folder from a system with a patched folder.

Regards,

J.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 91 of 156
dsimeone

Here's an update on R2015 service pack status:

1. AutoCAD 2015 SP1 is shipping and can be applied to Civil 3D installations that came from the IDS-P or IDS-U. This will provide users with AutoCAD-specific updates.
  2. Civil 3D 2015 SP1 is actively in development (final stages). As with previous service packs, this combines updates delivered by AutoCAD, Map 3D and other common Autodesk components that we leverage. This SP will target Civil 3D via suite or standalone. It will also install on systems where AutoCAD SP1 has been installed. I can't provide details on delivery schedule... However in the past we've released the Civil 3D SP ~4-6 weeks after AutoCAD.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 92 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: dsimeone

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's an update on R2015 service pack status:

1. AutoCAD 2015 SP1 is shipping and can be applied to Civil 3D installations that came from the IDS-P or IDS-U. This will provide users with AutoCAD-specific updates.
  2. Civil 3D 2015 SP1 is actively in development (final stages). As with previous service packs, this combines updates delivered by AutoCAD, Map 3D and other common Autodesk components that we leverage. This SP will target Civil 3D via suite or standalone. It will also install on systems where AutoCAD SP1 has been installed. I can't provide details on delivery schedule... However in the past we've released the Civil 3D SP ~4-6 weeks after AutoCAD.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

AutoCAD 2015 SP1 does NOT apply to Civil 3D. For instance, once AutoCAD SP1 is installed the new command CURSORBADGE does not work in C3D 2015, but does work in regular AutoCAD. This means that the SP is not providing C3D the AutoCAD updates. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 93 of 156
neilyj666

and presumably the LayerFilterComboControl bug still persists....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 94 of 156
rkmcswain

Thanks  @dsimeone 

I know Autodesk does not release details or dates for upcoming releases to the public, but thanks for saying what you can.
I hope many of the 30+ items mentioned in this thread are addressed. Some of them have been an issue for multiple versions now.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 95 of 156
AllenJessup

Thanks Dave. It's great that you're posting theses kinds of updates.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 96 of 156
fcernst

Hi Dave,

The service pack needs to address fixing the ability for a Corridor to cross centerline. This is important not only to allow Medians to get working again, but many want to use Corridors for meandering channel and Stream Restoration design work. The fourth image below is from someone's recent post on this topic.  This is big business now.

This defect has spanned across C3D vesrsions. I saw you had this on your to-do list you posted a couple months ago, so hopefully this time it will not be allowed to fall through the cracks.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 97 of 156
wfberry
in reply to: fcernst

Perhaps I have lost some grey material, but did these posts use to stay in chronological order?

Bill

Message 98 of 156
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: fcernst

Massive gripe for me. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Features-dont-connect-in-corridors-left-to-ri...

Particularly for kerb returns!! the point code that is on top of the feature line ocassionally doesnt form a solid line it break into little segments.. Super annoying!

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 99 of 156
dsimeone

Regarding Cursor Badge with AutoCAD  2015 and Civil 3D 2015 SP1.

The Cursor Badge control is a new system variable that AutoCAD 2015 added in SP1. You are correct that this new system variable will not show up in Civil 3D 2015 when you install AutoCAD 2015 SP1. For those who aren't familiar...  AutoCAD SP1 has added a user setting that will control whether the Cursor Badge (little square that shows window/crossing selection mode) is displayed.

This variable is included in the Civil 3D SP1 that we're working on.

So - for what you have today (AutoCAD SP1):

1. All of the AutoCAD fixes impact AutoCAD and vertical apps (including Civil 3D) when installed via a Suite (in our case IDS Premium and Ultimate).  However, the cursor badge variable does not appear when launching Civil 3D 2015. IDS-P/U users should still install AutoCAD SP1 as it addresses a number of stability issues.
  2. AutoCAD 2015 SP1 cannot be installed on standalone Civil 3D.
  3. When available, Civil 3D 2015 SP1 will include vertical enhancements (C3D, Map, Base tools) as well as the AutoCAD update (including new Cursorbadge variable). This will be installable on standalone Civil 3D or IDS-P/U. Also, the plan is to support installation of the C3D 2015 SP1 on IDS-P/U environments that have / have not installed AutoCAD 2015 SP1.

Hope this clarifies things

Dave S

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 100 of 156
Cadguru42

34. Confirmed Defect - When an OOTB C3D template is used, C3D will crash when you try to customize the scale list. Does not affect acad.dwt or any templates created from acad.dwt.  (nathan.hendrickson)

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report