Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
Cadguru42
4501 Views, 155 Replies

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted.

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. 

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. 

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015.

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time.

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
155 REPLIES 155
Message 61 of 156
Jeff_M
in reply to: Cadguru42

<cough>backup<cough>
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 62 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:
<cough>backup<cough>

We always have backups, but that'll require getting our IT department involved, which means waiting about a week before they'll get around to it. It'll be quicker to do what I said than wait. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 63 of 156
Jay_B

Could try right clicking on the sdb fle in Windows Explorer>Previous versions tab.

Doesn't always work but it's worth a shot.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 64 of 156
wfberry

Problem I find (2015 ONLY):

Using the Transparent Commands for surveying.  I have found that using the Toolbar Transparent Commands only work "one time", however using the Keyboard command, e.g., "BD works as it always has.  All the ones that I checked on my computer work (or do not work) the same.

Just to clarify, when using the 'BD command from the keyboard will allow me to continue around the entire tract with only issuing the 'BD one time.

However, when using the toolbar commands it stops after each call.

Perhaps this is only happening with my installation.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP1
IDSP 2015

Message 65 of 156
Cadguru42

26. Confirmed Defect - Fillet arcs from a custom made subassembly not working correctly. (fcernst)

27. Unconfirmed - Cross sections not updating when corridor is an XREF. Have to manually reload the XREF to make changes appear as the XREF isn't reloaded when the drawing is opened. (ccookusi)

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 66 of 156
neyton_

Bug after CUI command:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream
   at System.Resources.ResourceSet..ctor(Stream stream)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Customization.MyResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Customization.CustomizationSection.FillPropertyBag(IPropertyBag bag)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Customization.PropertyControl.SetCustomizationSectionProperties(CustomizationSection cs, CUITreeNode node)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Customization.MainForm.handleTreeNodeItemSelected(Boolean recreateToolbarPreview)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Customization.MainForm.tabControl_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Customization.MainForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Message 67 of 156
Cadguru42

28. Confirmed Defect - Current Map to DWG does not work as expected in Civil 3D nor Map 3D. (fcernst)

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 68 of 156
Cadguru42

29. Confirmed Defect - If you have a large block definition in a drawing, when you click on Insert>Insert from the ribbon you'll get a fatal error. This does not happen with core AutoCAD 2015 nor with C3D as AutoCAD, but just C3D. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 69 of 156
ceethreedee.com

Its not more than one baseline that does it.. its more than one isntance of the same shape code on the same section that does it..

Obviously if you are using the generic subassemblies though you are screwed. because you cant add prefixes/suffixes to the shape codes! Theya re all hard coded..

Regards

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 70 of 156
Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

This has now been confirmed to me for 2015. It's logged as defect DE9162 and has been around for at least three versions of the software. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 71 of 156
Cadguru42

30. Confirmed Defect - A profile created in 2015 and DREF'd into another drawing sometimes upon opening gives a warning that the profile has been "modified in a previous version of the software. Changes in the current were overwritten when the data reference was synchronized." This happens even when all the drawings and profiles were created in 2015 and never opened nor edited in previous versions. This also affects C3D 2014. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 72 of 156
jmayo-EE

Is this otherwise benign? Just an incorrect warning?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 73 of 156
Jay_B
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@jmayo wrote:

AFAIK, Yes that's correct.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 74 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@jmayo wrote:

As far as I've found, yes. It's just an incorrect warning. Autodesk told me they've been aware of this for 2015 and 2014 and are working on finding out a solution. Probably means it won't be fixed until 2017 comes out. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 75 of 156
jmayo-EE

Thnaks guys.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 76 of 156
Cadguru42

31. Confirmed Defect - New COMMANDPREVIEW variable (shows the preview of a command such as trim, fillet, extend, etc.) spikes CPU usage when a Mr. Sid image is underneath the line work causing the cursor to stutter when moved around. Two workarounds exist for now. Ether turn off the COMMANDPREVIEW or freeze the Mr. Sid image. 

32. Confirmed Error - The readme for Autocad SP1 (http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/autocad_2015_service_pack_1/AutoCAD_2015_and_AutoCAD_L... says there's a new variable called CURSORBADGE, but when that command is accessed inside C3D (possibly regular ACAD) it's an unknown command. Either the readme is wrong about the variable name or they forgot to actually add it in the SP. 

33. Confirmed Defect - 2015 cannot read 4th generation Mr. Sid images. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 77 of 156
rkmcswain

engrtech wrote:
32..... The readme for Autocad SP1....... says there's a new variable called CURSORBADGE, but when that command is accessed inside C3D

I don't think the AutoCAD SP1 affects C3D, only the "AutoCAD" that is included in the IDS.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 78 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
@engrtech wrote:
32..... The readme for Autocad SP1....... says there's a new variable called CURSORBADGE, but when that command is accessed inside C3D

I don't think the AutoCAD SP1 affects C3D, only the "AutoCAD" that is included in the IDS.

That's what I thought also, until I talked with a support person earlier. While researching #31 we found the problem with the SP. With the 2015 release Civil 3D is just an add-on to AutoCAD. So, any service packs for AutoCAD are to be installed even with C3D as C3D will have its own service packs from now on that don't include core AutoCAD or Map features. That's what the support person told me and from what I can gleam based on the fact that you must install core AutoCAD in order to install C3D at all anymore.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 79 of 156
rkmcswain

If that is the new way, then the first SP failed.

The icon target for "AutoCAD 2015" =

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US" /nologo

The icon target for "Civil 3D 2015 Imperial" =

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Imperial>>" /product "C3D"

So they are both calling the same EXE in the same location.

The AutoCAD About dialog says: "Product Version J.104.0.0, AutoCAD 2015 SP1"

The Civil 3D About dialog says: "Product Version J.104.0.0"

And you're right, CURSORBADGE works in AutoCAD 2015 SP1, but not in Civil 3D 2015 (unknown status of SP)

(and these are both part of IDSP 2015)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 80 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:

If that is the new way, then the first SP failed.

The icon target for "AutoCAD 2015" =

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US" /nologo

The icon target for "Civil 3D 2015 Imperial" =

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Imperial>>" /product "C3D"

So they are both calling the same EXE in the same location.

The AutoCAD About dialog says: "Product Version J.104.0.0, AutoCAD 2015 SP1"

The Civil 3D About dialog says: "Product Version J.104.0.0"

And you're right, CURSORBADGE works in AutoCAD 2015 SP1, but not in Civil 3D 2015 (unknown status of SP)

(and these are both part of IDSP 2015)

The support person could have been wrong, but since it's the same EXE being used for both core AutoCAD and C3D, looks like the SP somehow didn't affect C3D even though it's supposed to. Also, the support person's version was older than the one you and I have (J.104.0.0). I think Autodesk doesn't truly have the split finished and that's why there's so many problems with the installer as well as things like the service pack not working, either. 

2015 is a nightmare. 😞

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report