Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
Cadguru42
4451 Views, 155 Replies

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted.

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. 

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. 

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015.

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time.

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
155 REPLIES 155
Message 41 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

This has been confirmed now. My case was closed, but was never told if it harms the drawing or affects it any way. They just said they know about it. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 42 of 156
Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

20. Confirmed Defect - Superimposed profiles and multiple profiles in same profile view cause 2015 to crash.

21. Confirmed Defect - Alignment with a profile cannot be grip-edited without crashing. Related to #20.

Besides being a complete deal killer for using 2015 in a production environment, I was told this is slated for SP2. Not SP1, but SP2. It's basically impossible to edit an alignment that has profiles attached to it if you're wanting to move the alignment or change the station reference point. Unless the support person typed it in wrong, it'll be almost a year before this core, basic function of C3D is fixed, which means C3D 2015 is basically useless.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 43 of 156
John_DeLeeuw

This happens now when just starting Civil 3D 2015. I was able to open 1 DWG, since that is in the Recent Documents list, it chrashes and not being able to use it anymore. Don't find anything on this particular error on the web...

Will have to reinstall.

J.

C3D2015_startup_error.PNG

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 44 of 156
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

A 'Reset Settings to Default' did make it work again.

J.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 45 of 156
fcernst
in reply to: dsimeone

All the 2015 cases are being categorized as being Release 2014 by Support.

Very concerned these are going to fall through the filing system cracks due to this.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 46 of 156
neilyj666

This thread should be "stickied" at the top of the forum so it doesn't just fall off the radar and drop down the list but I can't see Autodesk wanting to publicise the apparent failings of the latest and greatest software release.....;)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 47 of 156
fcernst

..Alignment with a profile cannot be grip-edited without crashing. 

I haven't encountered this... I can drag a Corridor around by the Alignment grips.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 48 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: fcernst

@fcernst wrote:

..Alignment with a profile cannot be grip-edited without crashing. 

I haven't encountered this... I can drag a Corridor around by the Alignment grips.

This is logged with defect DE10683 and is confirmed. It seems to affect an alignment with more than one profile, such as existing ground and a design profile and both may or may not need to be in a profile view. If you grip edit an alignment and drag it, upon release it'll crash. You can remove the profiles and then drag the alignment around. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 49 of 156
fcernst

Hmm.

I have a typical scenario with an EG profile and a Layout profile for the Alignment.... and I can drag it around... and insert and delete PI's..

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 50 of 156
Cadguru42

@fcernst wrote:

Hmm.

I have a typical scenario with an EG profile and a Layout profile for the Alignment.... and I can drag it around... and insert and delete PI's..

Do you also have a profile view in the same drawing?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 51 of 156
Jeff_M

I'm with Fred on the grip editing an alignment. I have a ProfileView showing 6 different profiles (CL and 25' Lt & Rt for both EG & FG). I have no problem editing the alignment via the grips.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 52 of 156
fcernst

That's affirmative I have a profile view (typ).

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 53 of 156
Cadguru42

@fcernst wrote:

That's affirmative I have a profile view (typ).

That's strange. Even Autodesk was able to reproduce my issue and flagged it as a defect and tied it with the defect I posted earlier. Were these alignments, profiles, and profile views all created in 2015 and all in the same drawing? Is that drawing the source for data shortcuts into other drawings? I'm trying to see if we can narrow down what causes the crash.

The only workaround solution that doesn't require deleting the profiles is to open the drawing and edit it in 2014 according to Autodesk.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 54 of 156
fcernst

All 2015, no data shortcuts.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 55 of 156
Cadguru42

@fcernst wrote:

All 2015, no data shortcuts.

I wonder if that's the cause? The existing ground surface in my drawing is a DS and the alignment and profiles are the source for data shortcuts as well. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 56 of 156
Cadguru42

23. Unconfirmed - Profile View Split not working correctly.

24. Unconfirmed - Leaving new + tab open causes fatal error. Probably due to autosave trying to work.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 57 of 156
labland22

wms connections do not work. Charge the links but nothing happens

Message 58 of 156
fcernst
in reply to: labland22

Not seeing this issue in 2015.

Capture6.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 59 of 156
neilyj666

25. Confirmed : "When adding LayerFilterComboControl or Filter into ribbon and opening a new tab, AutoCAD may crash with the following error message. Do you have these two items added to your ribbon? The crash is caused by the those features when added into the ribbon and choosing to open a new tab. This instance was reported to our development team as DID 1515575 and is currently under investigation"

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 60 of 156
Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

Well this one just bit me in the **** again. Without thinking, yesterday I opened a survey database just to check a point description. I forgot I was still in 2015 and now the entire database is corrupt and cannot be opened in 2014, which is what our surveyors and everyone else in the office is using. Now I have to rename the database, export all the points and figures into a Survey LandXML file, then create a new database from 2014, and then import the data again. I hope it doesn't mess everything up. 

<sigh>

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report