Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
Cadguru42
4449 Views, 155 Replies

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted.

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. 

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. 

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015.

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time.

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
155 REPLIES 155
Message 2 of 156
nikoue
in reply to: Cadguru42

12. Confirmed - Material Take Off computes the half areas of the materials,  when you have more than one baselines.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Message 3 of 156
neilyj666

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 156
neilyj666

Good list - have all these been reported to Autodesk for comments?

Looks like SP1 will be full of fixes...;)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 156
Cadguru42
in reply to: nikoue

@nikoue wrote:

12. Confirmed - Material Take Off computes the half areas of the materials,  when you have more than one baselines.

This happens in 2015? I know the last time I saw it was in 2014.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 156
nikoue
in reply to: neilyj666

All these bugs, mentioned from me just now. Maybe some others need to do the same.

" 12. Confirmed - Material Take Off computes the half areas of the materials,  when you have more than one baselines.

This happens in 2015? I know the last time I saw it was in 2014 "

Unbelievable but true. 

Very unprofessional behavior from Autodesk.

Its not a bug. It's a disaster.

Its been out from the date that 2014 Sp1 came out and continue in 2015. 

I,m still using Civil 3d 2013 which i think its the most stable version. After Sp2 it Works in Windows 8. And i dont think im going to upgrade.

All of these make me to look Bentleys open Road. If in the next thay have dynamic annotation I will make the transition.

Civil 3d was a very prommised product which "i love", but i don't like at all autodesk support. Its not acceptable bugs like materiall take off to remain 6 months. Its a work tool, not a toy.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Message 7 of 156
Cadguru42

13. Unconfirmed - Cannot copy a layout by selecting a layout tab, hold CTRL and drag left or right. (Just started an SR)

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 8 of 156
rkmcswain

I added your confirmed ones to my list here. Thanks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 156
Cadguru42

14. Unconfirmed - Selecting more than 9 layers in the layer manager, then doing a mass property change (such as freezing) results in the selection set disappearing after the change. You have to reselect all the layers to apply another change.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 10 of 156
Cadguru42

15. Unconfirmed - Parking Tools dynamic blocks can't be inserted or edited from the tool palettes window as they aren't in the correct folder. The paths are pointing to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Sample\Dynamic Blocks\ and they are installed in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D\Sample\Dynamic Blocks

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 11 of 156
Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

13. Unconfirmed - Cannot copy a layout by selecting a layout tab, hold CTRL and drag left or right. (Just started an SR)

I'm not going to name names, but the support person who responded to me about this apparently doesn't understand what has happened nor how AutoCAD has worked for over a decade. She actually said, "To move the layout sheets position you don't need to hold the Ctrl key anymore, just click over the layout sheet and drag and drop where you want." I'm not aware of anytime since layouts were first introduced in AutoCAD 2000 that holding CTRL was required to move a layout. That's what used to copy a layout, not move it. I get a video showing how you can click and drag to move layouts and that a new button was added to create a new layout! 

<sigh> 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 12 of 156
Jeff_M

@engrtech wrote:

@engrtech wrote:

This has been confirmed and reported to the AutoCAD dev team:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/AutoCAD-2015-Layout-Tabs-Lost-Feature/m-p/49404...

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 13 of 156
dsimeone
in reply to: Jeff_M

Below is feedback on the issues that have been identified.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D. – Autodesk Confirmed. We are actively researching options for mitigating this issue.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted. – Autodesk Confirmed. We are able to reproduce this issue and are actively researching a solution. 

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. – Autodesk Confirmed - Resolution is to add the support file path as defined in the tech solution.

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. – Autodesk; We will research with Map team.

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015. - Autodesk Confirmed (Initial). We are able to reproduce this issue and are actively researching a solution. Solids are properly created when using the “based on corridor sampling” options (aka, matching frequency locations). Also, when using the “swept” option, bodies will be created from Corridor Links, however solids will not be created from corridor shapes. Those who are creating solids that reflect the exact corridor definition (e.g., frequency locations) will not be impacted.  Side note – I’m interested to know more about when/why people would use the Swept creation option vs. the frequency-based options (default). Feel free to email me directly (dave.simeone@autodesk.com).

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015 – AutoCAD 2015 introduced a new point cloud object which we were not able to support within the legacy Civil 3D point cloud tools. The legacy point cloud object (built from .ISD format files) still exists which you can use to Create C3D surfaces and point groups. The challenge is that the legacy point cloud support no longer includes the ability to read an RCS file. We completely agree that a workflow to enable users to create a bare-earth surface from an RCS point cloud is necessary. I can’t share any more info on plans at this time but it is something that we are actively researching.

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time. – This is core AutoCAD behavior. The ribbon tab is activated when you set drawing to use a coordinate system. It’s also active when you first open a drawing with a coordinate system set or with an image activated. We’ll investigate options for limiting the frequency that the Geolocation ribbon tab becomes active.  

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close. – Autodesk; We’ve not yet been able to reproduce this.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly. – Autodesk Confirmed (Initial assessment) – The Lineweight command is working properly so this shouldn’t impact workflows. However, incorrect text is being echoed to the command line. We're researching a solution.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces.  – Autodesk; I’ve not yet been able to reproduce this but we’ll research.

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.  – Autodesk; I’ve not yet been able to reproduce this but we’ll research.

12. Confirmed - Material Take Off computes the half areas of the materials,  when you have more than one baselines. – Autodesk Confirmed. We’ve confirmed that this issue exists in corridor areas that are composed of non-parallel multi-baseline regions (e.g., turn lane region in an intersection).  We are actively researching a solution.  For clarity - The earlier issue of materials only being calculated for a single baseline corridor (R2014 SP1) is not an issue with R2015.

I'm not able to go into details on timing/plans for addressing future product plans publicly. We'll update you as things solidify.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Senior Product Manager - AutoCAD Civil 3D

Autodesk, Inc

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 14 of 156
dgorsman
in reply to: dsimeone

Just a comment on the AUDIT issue: the report may be accurate if it is literal.  Entities are objects but not all objects are entities.  Since Civil3D works with a lot of data and that data is stored in objects, AUDIT has to check them as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 15 of 156
fcernst

Dave,

What is the status on Case ID: 09521000 (Medians crossing centerline)? I first reported this last June, so that will be a year now here soon. This functionality is vital to our real-world corridor workflows.

As you can see they downgraded the severity-level to Standard from the Urgent status that I originally submitted for the 2015 instance, and subsequently closed the case.

What are the typical reasons that something like this cannot be addressed within a year's time?

ffCapture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 16 of 156
rkmcswain
in reply to: fcernst

fcernst wrote:
As you can see they downgraded the severity-level to Standard from the Urgent status that I originally submitted for the 2015 instance, and subsequently closed the case

BTW: I do not like or agree with that workflow. Why is a case "closed", when all the support staff does is report the issue to programming? IMO, it should stay "open" until it's fixed.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 17 of 156
dsimeone
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi Fred

I'm not sure of why the defect / case was closed but we'll look at the issue. It could be that it was mixed in with the other subassemblies that were updated. I'll provide more info once I research.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 18 of 156
fcernst

...I'm not sure of why the defect / case was closed but we'll look at the issue...

This sheds light on why the defect cases take so long, or are never resolved on the downstream side of the new releases. My confirmed defect cases always get immediately closed. 

You still need to figure out how mitigate the unacceptable amount defects that are created and transmitted through the new software releases... the upstream side. Blatant ones such as the Section Editor View debacle in 2014.

Here is something akin to that for 2015... Involving the basic essence of functionality for GEOMAP...now broken with the new release. The ability to simply place the map over your project coordinates. 

It's not a lack of technical talent issue. It's a quality control management execution issue, that I see being perpetuated.

Case ID: 09515281:

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 19 of 156
tom_berning

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed. – Autodesk; I’ve not yet been able to reproduce this but we’ll research.

This was confirmed in case no. 09410979. I had uploaded a 2.34GB SID file for testing and they confirmed this in the 2015 version.

Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 20 of 156
thejac

Confirmed - C3D 2014/2015 - data shortcut pipe network objects not honoring drawing-specific styles. Autodesk working to resolve this issue.

1. Create a pipe network in a parent drawing.

2. Start a ‘child’ drawing from the same template (ie, has all the same styles built in).

3. Data short-cut the pipe network from the parent drawing into the child.

4. In the child drawing, change the style of a pipe network object (either structures or pipes, both are affected).

5. Make a edit to the parent drawing to prompt the child drawing to request synchronization.

6. Synchronize the network in the child drawing.

7. Styles that were changed in the child drawing revert to those applied in the parent drawing

Jesse Cook
The Land Group, Inc.
www.thelandgroupinc.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report